Lost my little Tinkerbell today (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

at6

1st Sergeant
Jun 15, 2011
Fresno, California
Today I had to have my sweet Chihuahua Tinkerbell to sleep. She was a wonderful "Bark Angel" and now my heart is broken at losing her. I had her for 9 years after my sister-in-law had abandoned her for nearly 2 years. My mother asked me to give her a home in 2013 and I gave her the best life possible. Her health was failing and after she had two seizures today the decision had to be made. I gave her agood life and she deserved a dignified passing. the first photo was when I brought her home and the second is the most recent one.
100_1093.JPG
100_1844.JPG

Thank you all for the support and sympathy. Last night was my first night without her sleeping at my feet. I know that I did the right thing having her put down. After giving her a good life I owed it to her to also give her peaceful dignified passing. Only a heartless person would let a sweet loved one suffer.

You did right. Cold comfort, those words, I know.

I fear that night with my own Blackie.

Share some more pics if you have the heart to do so, she looks like a sweetheart.

You did right. Cold comfort, those words, I know.

I fear that night with my own Blackie.

Share some more pics if you have the heart to do so, she looks like a sweetheart.
Thank you. I knew before hand that it was the only right decision to make. The right decisions are the hardest ones to make emotionally but you do it out of love. I still miss each of departed "babies" and each one has their own special places in my heart. A heart that has no room for "new" bark angels is a dead heart. In time even though at 72 I probably shouldn't consider adding another one, I most likely will even it it will outlast me this time.

Last edited:
Thank you. I knew before hand that it was the only right decision to make. The right decisions are the hardest ones to make emotionally but you do it out of love. I still miss each of departed "babies" and each one has their own special places in my heart. A heart that has no room for "new" bark angels is a dead heart. In time even though at 72 I probably shouldn't consider adding another one, I most likely will even it will outlast me this time.

And you can raise the puppy, and teach it early about love. And even if it outlives you, you'll have given it a good start while your own days are brightened. I bet Tinkerbell would get it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back