Luftwaffe Day at FHC Aug 13 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys. Finally made it home after a 2250 km round trip. Spent a couple of nights in British Columbia's wine region and sampled some delights there as well. Will now sort through the rest of this stuff and post when I can.

Looking forward to seeing more pics. Noticed the wheels on the 190 appear to be from either an A3 or early A4 series.

Looking forward to seeing more pics. Noticed the wheels on the 190 appear to be from either an A3 or early A4 series.

This is the Fw-190A-5/U-3 Wk. Nr. 151 227, Discovered in 1989 in Voibakala forest, near Saint Petersburg. Now airworthy as the first known restored Fw 190A to be flown with its original BMW radial powerplant in the 21st century.

Correct. That's why I drove so far to see this one!

I've sorted through my flying pics and gotta say that I'm disappointed with the Fw190 shots. The 109 flew across the field at a much lower altitude and it seems that in doing so, it flew through my panning comfort zone whereas the 190, being higher, made for an awkward pan for me. Consequently, I got relatively few decent shots of it and most turned out to have a fine blur to them, not worthy of posting. Here are some of the better ones:

IMG_7157 reduced.jpg
IMG_7192 redcued.jpg
IMG_7249 reduced.jpg
IMG_7333 reduced.jpg
IMG_7403 reduced.jpg
IMG_7438 reduced.jpg

Very nice. I like the camo colors on the 190
Almost identical to the colours she was found in when salvaged from the forest in Russia. The colours are slightly off shade, but very close. It is believed when FHC painted the aircraft they used the colours obtained from the original, however they took samples from weathered areas which makes them slightly off colour.

Sorry all, been neglecting this thread but have a minute to post a few more pics. First off, though, to answer the above question, here's a quote from FHC's site regarding the Storch:

"This is a true combat veteran, one of the few airworthy Storches in existence. It was manufactured in Germany in 1943 was used by the Luftwaffe in Occupied Europe and on the Russian Front. It was found in derelict condition in East Germany in the late 1980s and restored to a very high standard."

I took so many ground shots of the 109 and 190 it's hard to tell what I should NOT post. After you get sick of these, I can post other nice stuff within the museum itself.

IMG_7055 reduced.jpg
IMG_7056 reduced.jpg

IMG_7079 reduced.jpg
IMG_7085 reduced.jpg

And for those of you who like your aircraft models clean, here's the 190 after maybe 1.5 hours of engine time.

IMG_0534 Reduced.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back