Luftwaffe Rings

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hi
Realy great pics and well done for collecting such a great collection but i was wondering if some are modern fake as there are so many german fakes about nowdays.I collected in the early 60s and there wasnt as many then .

Hi
Realy great pics and well done for collecting such a great collection but i was wondering if some are modern fake as there are so many german fakes about nowdays.I collected in the early 60s and there wasnt as many then .

Hi Grob,

Your guess is as good as mine, I still have not found proof that they really did exist or were worn.

Anybody know any german WWII pilots that could show them or ask them?

Here are a few more pictures of German rings I found on ebay.

Attachments

• 288f_1.jpg
    288f_1.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 156
  • aa1943tunisring1.jpg
    aa1943tunisring1.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 186
  • f962_1.jpg
    f962_1.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 177
  • JG 53.jpg
    JG 53.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 223
  • JG 53 a.jpg
    JG 53 a.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 170
Micdrow:

Seeing your collection, I questioned me a matter: For wich reason the german officers wear/put in his fingers those rings? A gift, or conmemorative or is a condecoration/award.....?

Jan.

Micdrow:

Seeing your collection, I questioned me a matter: For wich reason the german officers wear/put in his fingers those rings? A gift, or conmemorative or is a condecoration/award.....?
Jan.

Hi Jan,

I wished I owned those ring. The collection is just photo's that Ive found. Like you I have lots of questions but so far have not found anyone that could even begin to answer them. Some I believe are comemorative and others I think are graduation rings like the engineering ring but still have not found out for sure.

Few more rings and cigerate cases found.

Enjoy!!!

Attachments

• ade2_1_b.jpg
    ade2_1_b.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 121
  • 09-964a.jpg
    09-964a.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 136
  • 6b87_3.jpg
    6b87_3.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 123
  • 6aa2_3.jpg
    6aa2_3.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 123
  • 2fe6_1.jpg
    2fe6_1.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 118
Very nice pictures of fascinating rings .I really like the Legion Condor rings. Do you happen to know where to buy one?

Very nice pictures of fascinating rings .I really like the Legion Condor rings. Do you happen to know where to buy one?

Hi Amsel, through the years Ive found these on ebay. The legion of condor ring shows up every once in a while though I currently dont think there are any available. One of those things that you have to keep checking back for.

Few more rings that Ive found while the web site was down.

Enjoy!!!!

Attachments

• Afrika Corps Ring part 2.jpg
    Afrika Corps Ring part 2.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 138
  • Afrika Corps Ring.jpg
    Afrika Corps Ring.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 171
  • 7919_1.jpg
    7919_1.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 147
  • 941a_1.jpg
    941a_1.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 219
  • 69a6_1.jpg
    69a6_1.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 215
  • o_fLYt1oaol4YBXRW.jpg
    o_fLYt1oaol4YBXRW.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 154
  • naples_4.jpg
    naples_4.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 167
  • f962_1.jpg
    f962_1.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 152
  • bf41_1.jpg
    bf41_1.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 136
I have a question hope some one can help:confused: post #33 the red and yellow Luftwaffe rings i know there are blue and white ones do they represent divisions of the Luftwaffe because im lookin at buying a red one similar to the one in this post i heard red was for flak crews?
and how can i tell if its a fake?

cheers Gepp

I have a question hope some one can help:confused: post #33 the red and yellow Luftwaffe rings i know there are blue and white ones do they represent divisions of the Luftwaffe because im lookin at buying a red one similar to the one in this post i heard red was for flak crews?

cheers Gepp

Hi Gepp,

To be honest Im still just as confused as before. I never did find out much about any one of these rings that Ive posted. Im hoping some one else will know more also.

Paul

cheers Gepp

Yes each color represents a different branch of the service. They are called Waffenfarbe. All of the services (i.e. Luftwaffe, Army, SS, ect) all used Waffenfarbe to distinguish branches.

You are also correct that flak troops had red Waffenfarbe. Here is a pic of a Luftwaffe Flak uniform that I own in my collection and you can see the red Waffenfarbe on it.

uni.jpg

uni2.jpg

Here are the different Luftwaffe Waffenfarben:

White - General Officers and "Herman Goering Division"
Golden Yellow - Flight Crews and Paratroops
Bright Red - Flak Crews
Carmine Red - General Staff and Veterinary
Bordeaux Red - Legal/Justice
Rose Pink - Engineers
Light Blue - Administration
Cornflower Blue - Medical
Bright Green - Field Divisions
Brown - Signal
Black - Construction

If you are interested in the other services as well, I can list those as well.

Also here is a thread we have about collecting.
http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/off-topic-misc/militaria-collecting-15242.html

Hi Gepp,

To be honest Im still just as confused as before. I never did find out much about any one of these rings that Ive posted. Im hoping some one else will know more also.

Paul

The rings represent ranks and the Waffenfarbe.

The yellow one is a Flight Crew Feldwebel.

The red one is a Flak Crew Feldwebel.

Last edited:
Yes each color represents a different branch of the service. They are called Waffenfarbe. All of the services (i.e. Luftwaffe, Army, SS, ect) all used Waffenfarbe to distinguish branches.
White - General Officers and "Herman Goering Division"
Golden Yellow - Flight Crews and Paratroops
Bright Red - Flak Crews
Carmine Red - General Staff and Veterinary
Bordeaux Red - Legal/Justice
Rose Pink - Engineers
Light Blue - Administration
Cornflower Blue - Medical
Bright Green - Field Divisions
Brown - Signal
Black - Construction

thanks heaps for that DerAdlerIstGelandet much appreciated
another silly question what colour would a fighter pilots ring be,it wouldn't come under white would it
it just so i can keep an eye out for 1 to buy :)

Last edited:
Very cool stuff. I was recently turned on to the different type of pins from the different campaigns. While doing my JU52 build I was shown that the Luftwaffe crews wore badges that were originally designated for the Navy.

MinenabzeichenBadge.jpg

Here you can see the badge on the crews left breast pocket.

JU52MSCrew.jpg

I think this badge would look great displayed with the model. The other one I want is for my He 129 Tank buster. They wore a badge that was reserved for Tank crews

thanks heaps for that DerAdlerIstGelandet much appreciated
another silly question what colour would a fighter pilots ring be,it wouldn't come under white would it
it just so i can keep an eye out for 1 to buy :)

A pilots would be golden yellow. That is the Waffenfarbe for all flight crews.

Very cool stuff. I was recently turned on to the different type of pins from the different campaigns. While doing my JU52 build I was shown that the Luftwaffe crews wore badges that were originally designated for the Navy.

No they were not originally designed for the Navy. The Army, Luftwaffe and Navy all used those badges. They all were in a wreath. Look at the FLAK one above on one of my uniforms. It is in a wreath as well.

They are known as War Badges and each "branch" had their own. The differences would be how the Eagle and Swastika were used. If it was a Luftwaffe badge it would have a Luftwaffe eagle (like the example on my uniform). If it was a Navy war badge, it would have the Navy Eagle.

As I said though, they were not originally Navy badges. They were just that way for all services.

Here is a good website with some info on it:
War Badges of the Wehrmacht

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back