Luftwaffe Zlin Z-212 - Captured / Aircraft in Foreign Service GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Fueslage interior being cleaned up (probably pointlessly).

Pics: before and after, and main tools used.

STA51252.JPG

STA51254.JPG

STA51253.JPG

The framework itself should be complete enough as is, as the rear seat and half partition behind will prevent any view into the rear fueslage. The floor joins up with the lower edges of the frames.

Detailing will mainly involve (going by the limited info available) scribing the entry door panels (maybe opening the rear cockpit door), and scratchbuilding correct rudder pedal assemblies, seats, control columns, throttle levers and cables. The instrument panels are PE with film instruments, so luckily don't have to do those aswell :)

I see. THX Pal. :) However I would remove the semi-framework by scratching it down with same plastic of these fuselage walls at the area. Then I would make the new grate from scratch using thin plastic sticks. I made similar ones for my PZL P-11c and RWD-8 models. The P-11c has even been "equipped" with a pilot's stick that can be moved laterally. Not too much can bee seen in the small cockpit but always have a fun looking at guys' faces seeing that moving sides when pushing it with a toothpick. :lol:

You are a madman my friend! :lol:

I'll think about the frames. Here is the 'best' single reference I have to go by, from the kit instructions:
STA51315.JPG

You are a madman my friend! :lol:

I know about it but I don't hear any voices and don't have to be healing. :lol:

It seems that these cockpit walls were made of plywood with a kind of stiffeners there. Also it appears there wasn't the indicator panel in the front cockpit. Mayby this can help... source the Internet.

zlinzXII_vykres.jpg

ZXII-Dwg-1.jpg

Test14.jpg

Z%20212-2%20Egypt.jpg

file.jpg

file.jpg

file.jpg

file.jpg

file.jpg

Thanks, and you said it Vic!

Dziekuje Wojtku! I'd found those first few pics but not the last 5 - those are exactly the details I was after!!! :D
Right, redetailed she will be!

Btw, a note of interest: In the above shots, the canopy is of the hinged opening type. There are a few photos of aircraft with canopies of a fixed stbd side portion, the port portion sliding under it for entry. Want to find out if the hinged opener was a design modification as I assume, and which version DL+AH had.

Do you mean a such one ?

92041%20HA-NAR.jpg

Yep, that's the type my friend.
Most of the photos I've found seem to be of this type, but not sure about my other project's, Z-XII DL+AH. Will post a pic of her on that thread.

The 212 will be the open cockpit version.

I think the kind of sliding parts was the way for making the conopy open only ( just for getting some of fresh air :lol: ). Similar to the Bf109E one slided back but for the Zlin plane inside.
If you look at the enlarged piece of the shot posted above you will noticed what I mean. I think the kind of conopy was mounted for all ones with the "closed" cockpit.

Attachments

• Z 212-2 Egypt1.jpg
    Z 212-2 Egypt1.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 326
You are a genius my friend! Dzieki! :notworthy:

Yep, looking at that pic I reckon you're right. Noticed on the pic I found of DL+AH what look like hinges too, so that's that mystery solved! Thanks again! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back