Luftwaffe Zlin Z-XII - Captured / Aircraft in Foreign Service GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

A4K

Colonel
Dec 17, 2007
The back of beyond
User name: A4k
Name: Evan
Category: 2 (Intermediate)

Kit: RS Models Zlin Z-XII (closed canopy version)
Scale: 1:72
Subject: Zlin Z-XII, DL+AH, FFS-A/B 24, Olomouc - Holice, Czechoslovakia, 1940

Late horse, but hopefully better late than never!

Information on this type almost non-existent, so relying solely on kit information and photos of early post-war Zlin types.

Will be constructed in tandem with a Zlin Z-212 (see seperate GB thread), and Swedish (civil) Z-XII for my girlfriend.

STA51037.JPG

STA51038.JPG

STA51039.JPG

Last edited:
Great one Even.................................................................Is it finished yet!!!!!!!

Cheers for the interest in my 'twin peaks' project, guys! :) (it's actually triplets counting my girlfriend's bird!)

Slow progress so far, but main injected parts off the sprues and being carefully cleaned up.

First pic for Wayne to show size.

The cockpit floor with pedals is for Ivett's bird (SE-AGS), and is stock kit configuration. By all accounts the rudder pedals are invisible when the fueslage halves are joined unfortunately.

Scouring the net has revealed almost no reliable cockpit information, so my best references are the somewhat simplified kit instruction drawing and various partial shots.
The build subjects will be detailed as accurately as possible under the circumstances.

STA51164.JPG

STA51187.JPG

STA51188.JPG

STA51192.JPG

:lol:

She's about the size of a Tigermoth Karl, infact a little longer. Should be able to do something nice with her if I'm careful and patient enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back