Luftwaffe Zlin Z-XII - Captured / Aircraft in Foreign Service GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Been away from this with other things, so please excuse the slow progress.

Improved the interior finish along with the Z-212's in prep for final polishing and structural detailing.
No Evergreen, so will use the usual thin scrap plastc card (ex-'No smoking' signs), etc.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

swieta_ciastka.jpg

aa-600x393.jpg

ciastek1.jpg

Latest:

Ribbing proved fuselage walls still too thick to make an accurate representation of the real structure.
This isn't so much a problem if fitting the kit canopy, as it's a bit thick and distorts the view in - but I have other plans ...:)

New ribs stripped and fueslage walls sanded down to 0.5 mm (pics in comparison with stock kit item).
Walls will still be a little thick scale-wise with ribbing, but 'passable' I think - need to preserve some rigidity to the structure.
(The mishap at rear fuselage is a relic of the original Dremel work, to be repaired shortly.)

Plan to try and form my own (thinner) canopy, 'plan B' being to use sections of product packaging should that fail (see pic).

And what d'yas reckon? Canopy closed, rear (pilot's) section open, or both sections open?

STA51531.JPG

STA51540.JPG

STA51543.JPG

STA51547.JPG

I agree on all counts. I think just the rear canopy open, which will look good, and give contrast, whilst retaining some of the overall shape - sort of the best of both worlds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back