Luftwaffe Zlin Z-XII - Captured / Aircraft in Foreign Service GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

For what it's worth and I may have been influenced, but yes go the rear and I like your sketches.

Cheers guys! I think we have a winner with the front closed/ rear open canopy combination :)

Cheers too Vic, though those are just quick 'idea' sketches. My proper drawings and paintings are much better.

I been peekin in on this from time to time. Thinning the sides will make a huge scale diff, I'm liking it.
Not familiar with this Zlin. Only one I knew of is the little aerobatic one with the pressurised spar! A bloke in Livermore had one I did some lettering on.

Cheers Bill, and wonder which type of Zlin that was.

Second attempt at ribbing partially done on stbd side, but still not happy with it. To be restripped and done again.

STA51552.JPG

Ah, the 526. Was it an acrobatic or trainer version?

No, framing shouldn't be tubular, though wish it was. Would have been MUCH easier to use stretched sprue than cut 0,2 mm strips from 0,1 mm thick plastic medicine jar seals...

Latest progress:
Previous ribbing stripped and resanded, most new stbd side ribbing in place.
Still needs cleaning and sanding a little - not happy with the result yet.

STA51574.JPG

STA51582.JPG

STA51584.JPG

Looks good to me too Evan. Once painted, any irregularities will probably disappear, although I can't see any in the pics. Of course, you can see what we can't I guess.

Cheers mate! I dunno, just dosen't look good to me (though Ivett just saw the pics and thinks I'm insane :) )

:lol:

Still remember Alan Alda's expression from a MASH episode: "Even going insane's not all it's cracked up to be..." :)

Frames tidied a bit, plan to get into the port side today.

Damn, there's always one..! :lol:

Cheers Wayne - I'll gladly grab a few extra days if it's no problem.
Would like to try and finish in time if possible, though alot of work yet. Most details have to be completely reworked, including instrument panels, wheels, and canopy.

Pics 1,2: Trying to keep things in perspective - this is about all you'll see of the insides in the end.
Pics 3-5: Today's progress, most major port side main details added.

On with the show...

STA51592.JPG

STA51596.JPG

STA51608.JPG

STA51619.JPG

STA51622.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back