Luftwaffe Zlin Z-XII - Captured / Aircraft in Foreign Service GB (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Today's progress so far (just taking a breather):

STA51740.JPG

STA51741.JPG

STA51743.JPG

STA51744.JPG

STA51746.JPG

...and damn. Just noticed I misinterpreted the drawing. The lower fueslage diagonal braces go in the opposite direction... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Thanks Andy and Terry! :)

Almost no new (physical) progress, sussing out the mechanics of the rudder pedal and control column assemblies. (More work gets done in my head than in plastic)

Lower fuse diagonal bracing fixed up, and floor panels corrected:

STA51750.JPG

Thanks Karl, Wayne and Wojtek!

Slow progress, but learning alot about the Zlin Z-XII and and having fun :)

Instrument panel wiring and conduit in progress, forward fueslage frame corrected, wingspar join being reworked.

STA51809.JPG

STA51810.JPG

Last edited:
Some great stuff going on here Even, do you wake up in the middle of the night as well and think, 'ah that's how I can fix that,'………………..I do.

Many thanks Wojtku, Vic and Bob!

And almost Vic! Tend to get most of my brain flashes when the model's put away, and I've hit the sack. Not unusual for me to get up 5 or 6 times, scribble an idea quickly on paper and go back to bed.

And almost Vic! Tend to get most of my brain flashes when the model's put away, and I've hit the sack. Not unusual for me to get up 5 or 6 times, scribble an idea quickly on paper and go back to bed.

Then buggered if you can find the scrap of paper in the morning!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers Terry and Andy!

Luckily I don't have that problem Vic, the paper's right he... - damn, where is it??! :)

Finally deciphered the wing spar join construction, wiring stripped and conduit cut back slightly in prep for the modifications.
Diagonal forward frame also in progress, as visible in drawings and in one original photo. (the photos of the museum example differ here - this is a replica)

Current state of fuse, with some of the late night scribbles sussing out that spar join..

STA51849.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back