M1A1 Panels...Need some info

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Dunno about that, that just about reaches the limit of the sort of things I can say.

Very, very basic stuff - being able to count to ten level.

Vperiod Tovariche! Slava k Krashoi Armyee!

Will not help you much when trying to find directions or buy a beer in Moscow.

Here is an American 'active armor':
slidb.jpg

SLID(Small, Low-cost Interceptor Device)
slidd.jpg

SLID projectile
[/img]

...aaahhh. Now we are getting somewhere, Marconi. It was this type of technology that I saw and read about. However, it was mounted on a Humvee.

On a similar subject, I have also read a little about the ceramic armour protection. Apparently it too is used as a means of defeating HEAT rounds by slightly deflecting the resultant jet of gases perpendicular to the armour. Claims are that this not only disrupts the gas jet, but also introduces more relative armour to pierce due to the deflection.

Appreciate all those who have contributed. But the slat device on the M1A1 and its purpose remains elusive.

I think those green plates on that tank are depleted uranium plates.I've seen some picture where those plates had writing "uranium plate" or somthing like that.
I've also found an interesting article on that site about electromagnetic anti-cumulative defense.It says that EM field can disperse the jet and decrease its armor piercing effect.And according to the article this kind of armor is now being reserched by Russia and UK.

The technology that I saw was stated as experimental and not fielded. It also appeard to consist of multiple point defenses targeting a single incoming projectile. Note that Marconi's pic indicates single targeting sensor with a single defensive projectile.

DerAdlerIstGelandet said:
The stuff on a Humvee is very rare. We had to fabricate our own armor out of steel plates and jerry rig them to our Humvees.
That sounds Familiar Adler my old man did the same thing on his LCA in 1944 to cover the slit in the gun pit he was told to remove it by a know nothing RNVR officer. So he had a couple of hooks welded then it could be un-shipped and stowed when the prat was about and replaced during an op.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back