M6A1 Seiran Tamiya 1/48

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

It appears you airbrush everything..... You must love to clean that airbrush... Looks good, tho...

Meant to ask earlier..... do the wings fold ?

Charles

Last edited:
It appears you airbrush everything..... You must love to clean that airbrush... Looks good, tho...

Meant to ask earlier..... do the wings fold ?

Charles

Do like to airbrush a fair bit....but sometimes the brush does the job too.....and no the wings don't fold....on the model! :D

If I had a place to keep my airbrush set up, as I have to pack it in a box, the 1/6hp compressor is in a closet, I would use it on everything!!!!

Question Wayne.... your cockpit painting, the "black", are you using a greyed out black, then a little buffing on the high spots, corners and bezzels of the instruments? It has that just a little aged and used look.

If I had a place to keep my airbrush set up, as I have to pack it in a box, the 1/6hp compressor is in a closet, I would use it on everything!!!!

Question Wayne.... your cockpit painting, the "black", are you using a greyed out black, then a little buffing on the high spots, corners and bezzels of the instruments? It has that just a little aged and used look.

In this instance Bill, Black then drybrushed with Tamiya Sky Grey this tones/dulls the black down and highlights just right without being too bright, then I add a little silver on certain edges to highlight further as required...

will mask the yellow tomorrow and coat it overall with the lower surface colour...

Started on the upper colour and then had to stop SWMBO called....progress so far...won't get back to it till next Sunday now...

Attachments

• 30_Upper colour started_0003.jpg
    30_Upper colour started_0003.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 96
  • 31_Upper colour started_0004.jpg
    31_Upper colour started_0004.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 95
Looks Sweeett!! Wayne.How long did that take about an hour?So the panels lines get the the most paint then you fill in with a blotch patterm?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back