M6A1 Seiran Tamiya 1/48

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

been at the GB Ta152 more lately but do have the floats on!

Attachments

• 22_Floats on_0662.jpg
    22_Floats on_0662.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 145
  • 23_Floats on_0659.jpg
    23_Floats on_0659.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 169
Boy Wayne after the last couple of float planes I did I think I will be painting the floats off the plane from here on out! It could of been the 1/72 scale not letting me navigate to the inside of the floats but :dontknow:

Boy Wayne after the last couple of float planes I did I think I will be painting the floats off the plane from here on out! It could of been the 1/72 scale not letting me navigate to the inside of the floats but :dontknow:

The rule of auto painting, or any shapes having corners and contours, is to do these corners and contours first, the the flats. What you're trying to do is not load up the paint in there. If you paint the flats first, then the corners you build up too much paint trying to get in these difficult places and then you get the dreaded runs! No One wants the runs!!!!

Cheers Fellas,

I'll get in there Kevin....no problem...:D

I think it was the scale probably in trying to do the demacation line on the front of the float pylon's between the green and the grey on the inside.I got it pretty close but took two or three efforts before I was satisfied.

The rule of auto painting, or any shapes having corners and contours, is to do these corners and contours first, the the flats. What you're trying to do is not load up the paint in there. If you paint the flats first, then the corners you build up too much paint trying to get in these difficult places and then you get the dreaded runs! No One wants the runs!!!!

Correct mate! Corners, wheel wells, between doors etc., etc..

Beautiful work as always Wayne!

Ahoy Wayne
Looking like a million bucks my friend, Lay down the paint schedule and your off to the clouds love to see the finished project. HARDY WELL DONE

boats

Users who are viewing this thread

Back