Maestro's checking out !

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Maestro

Master Sergeant
Greetings ladies and gentlemen.

After a few months of deep thoughts and tries in several Federal institutions, I finally came to a conclusion : I'm too full of sh*t for them ! :p

No honestly, I still give until mid-September to the CCS (Canadian Correctionnal Services) to reply to my application I sent two months ago. (What the f*ck are they waiting for ?)

If I don't receive any news from them until then, I'll pack up my backpack and give a try in New-Brunswick. I'll spend one month there to try to find a steady job. If I succeed, I'll then find an appartment and start to move all my stuff from here to my new location.

I have the choice of three "flight paths" :

1 - I spend two weeks in Edmondston, then two weeks in Frederickton.
2 - I spend the whole month in Edmondston.
3 - I go directly to Frederickton and spend a month there.

Everything will depend on where it would easier for me to find a job... Too bad there is no New-Brunswickers here to help me out on this point !

My father told me to try to find a job in a Wal-Mart first... It's not a great job but it would pay the bills untill I find something better. So I printed the list of every Wal-Marts in New-Brunswick.

Let's hope it will work out all right !

I cant see someone who has written and had his book published working in a freakin Walmart....

Dude, did u try the newpapers or magazines around the area up there??? Down here, the only people who workin Walmart are old ladies, trailer trash meth-heads and black people who dont really want to work... Ur a hellofalot better than that Maestro...

go out to Alberta man they are crying for workers I heard they have to hire allsorts in the civil sector in calgary theres no great jobs in New Brunswick

I was just about to say the same thing, but screw Calgary, they pay sh*t all, go to areas like Grand Prarie, Ft Mcmurry, or Edson, the smaller citys are the booming ones that will pay good and housing is cheaper

lesofprimus said:
I cant see someone who has written and had his book published working in a freakin Walmart....

Dude, did u try the newpapers or magazines around the area up there??? Down here, the only people who workin Walmart are old ladies, trailer trash meth-heads and black people who dont really want to work... Ur a hellofalot better than that Maestro...

Thanks for believing in me that much, Les. But as I said, it's only a job to pay off the bills until I find a better one.

I didn't try to look in newspapers... First because I don't know what newspapers are being distributed in New-Brunswick, and second because a spot that is currently free may no longer be free in September. (Due to my current job here, I can't leave before September 10th.)

102first_hussars said:
I was just about to say the same thing, but screw Calgary, they pay sh*t all, go to areas like Grand Prarie, Ft Mcmurry, or Edson, the smaller citys are the booming ones that will pay good and housing is cheaper

To say the truth, Hussars, I sincerly thought about going in Alberta. However, what stopped me is that French isn't an official language there. So every times I would have to deal with the Albertan gouvernment/institutions (for health cares, licences or insurances, for example) I would have several problems because I don't know 60% of the technical therms used in English.

Also, speaking French would just lead me to more and more fights with drunk Cowboys... Nah, just kidding, mate ! :p

But I'm sure there is several security companies or factories looking for security officers in New-Brunswick. I'm even ready to do a job not related to security at all. It proves how much I want to leave, no ?

Now, if only they could find petrol in New-Brunswick. It would create an economical boom that might help me to find a job... But I think I'm dreaming there !

Your english is OK I don't think that would be a concern if anything it would be a benefit and its only a 4-5 hour plane ride just think for a couple years of work you should be able to save enough to buy a nice home for cash in Quebec or by that time you might locate a job in the security field and still have a little nest egg . You are young go for it. I just checked out a website and typed in bilingual for jobs in AB and even found one fo 14/hour for bilingual security guard
Job Bank - Job Search

Thanks...

Oh yeah, Garda Security... I know them. They have a very bad reputation in the security business. During the strike of the Secur company (Desjardin's own security company to carry cash from a bank to an other), Garda took the place and recruited hundreds of officers throughout the province for the job, paying them $11.50/hour and telling them that they would have a lifetime job.

Two months later, when the strike ended, 90% of the recruited officers were fired.

There is also stories of guys working for them 40 hours a week for two weeks and then not being called back for a full month.

It can't be that bad it has a security deal with an airport i imagine they would have to be reputable Don't believe what you hear all the time people always tend to exagerate it can't hurt to check it out send them a resume or CV and see what happens its gotta be better then working in Edmunston at a wal mart unless you want to look at the rubbish Lanc on the pedastal

pbfoot said:
heres the link for Ft MacMurray security Job Bank - Job Profile - Job Number: 2210878

That is not an updated file, because Security guards in edmonton have a starting salary of atleast 20.00/hour, in Ft Mcmurry workers are short everywhere, you can bet your *** they are offering alot more there, now the only problem about Ft Mcmurry is that, there is little or no apartments there, you have to own a house, and housing is expensive as hell, the cheapest, most run-down rub of dog-sh*t will be listed atleast 180 grand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back