Maestro's checking out !

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Maestro

Master Sergeant
Greetings ladies and gentlemen.

After a few months of deep thoughts and tries in several Federal institutions, I finally came to a conclusion : I'm too full of sh*t for them !

No honestly, I still give until mid-September to the CCS (Canadian Correctionnal Services) to reply to my application I sent two months ago. (What the f*ck are they waiting for ?)

If I don't receive any news from them until then, I'll pack up my backpack and give a try in New-Brunswick. I'll spend one month there to try to find a steady job. If I succeed, I'll then find an appartment and start to move all my stuff from here to my new location.

I have the choice of three "flight paths" :

1 - I spend two weeks in Edmondston, then two weeks in Frederickton.
2 - I spend the whole month in Edmondston.
3 - I go directly to Frederickton and spend a month there.

Everything will depend on where it would easier for me to find a job... Too bad there is no New-Brunswickers here to help me out on this point !

My father told me to try to find a job in a Wal-Mart first... It's not a great job but it would pay the bills untill I find something better. So I printed the list of every Wal-Marts in New-Brunswick.

Let's hope it will work out all right !

I cant see someone who has written and had his book published working in a freakin Walmart....

Dude, did u try the newpapers or magazines around the area up there??? Down here, the only people who workin Walmart are old ladies, trailer trash meth-heads and black people who dont really want to work... Ur a hellofalot better than that Maestro...

go out to Alberta man they are crying for workers I heard they have to hire allsorts in the civil sector in calgary theres no great jobs in New Brunswick

I was just about to say the same thing, but screw Calgary, they pay sh*t all, go to areas like Grand Prarie, Ft Mcmurry, or Edson, the smaller citys are the booming ones that will pay good and housing is cheaper

Thanks for believing in me that much, Les. But as I said, it's only a job to pay off the bills until I find a better one.

I didn't try to look in newspapers... First because I don't know what newspapers are being distributed in New-Brunswick, and second because a spot that is currently free may no longer be free in September. (Due to my current job here, I can't leave before September 10th.)

102first_hussars said:
I was just about to say the same thing, but screw Calgary, they pay sh*t all, go to areas like Grand Prarie, Ft Mcmurry, or Edson, the smaller citys are the booming ones that will pay good and housing is cheaper

To say the truth, Hussars, I sincerly thought about going in Alberta. However, what stopped me is that French isn't an official language there. So every times I would have to deal with the Albertan gouvernment/institutions (for health cares, licences or insurances, for example) I would have several problems because I don't know 60% of the technical therms used in English.

Also, speaking French would just lead me to more and more fights with drunk Cowboys... Nah, just kidding, mate !

But I'm sure there is several security companies or factories looking for security officers in New-Brunswick. I'm even ready to do a job not related to security at all. It proves how much I want to leave, no ?

Now, if only they could find petrol in New-Brunswick. It would create an economical boom that might help me to find a job... But I think I'm dreaming there !

Your english is OK I don't think that would be a concern if anything it would be a benefit and its only a 4-5 hour plane ride just think for a couple years of work you should be able to save enough to buy a nice home for cash in Quebec or by that time you might locate a job in the security field and still have a little nest egg . You are young go for it. I just checked out a website and typed in bilingual for jobs in AB and even found one fo 14/hour for bilingual security guard
Job Bank - Job Search

Thanks...

Oh yeah, Garda Security... I know them. They have a very bad reputation in the security business. During the strike of the Secur company (Desjardin's own security company to carry cash from a bank to an other), Garda took the place and recruited hundreds of officers throughout the province for the job, paying them $11.50/hour and telling them that they would have a lifetime job.

Two months later, when the strike ended, 90% of the recruited officers were fired.

There is also stories of guys working for them 40 hours a week for two weeks and then not being called back for a full month.

It can't be that bad it has a security deal with an airport i imagine they would have to be reputable Don't believe what you hear all the time people always tend to exagerate it can't hurt to check it out send them a resume or CV and see what happens its gotta be better then working in Edmunston at a wal mart unless you want to look at the rubbish Lanc on the pedastal

pbfoot said:
heres the link for Ft MacMurray security Job Bank - Job Profile - Job Number: 2210878

That is not an updated file, because Security guards in edmonton have a starting salary of atleast 20.00/hour, in Ft Mcmurry workers are short everywhere, you can bet your *** they are offering alot more there, now the only problem about Ft Mcmurry is that, there is little or no apartments there, you have to own a house, and housing is expensive as hell, the cheapest, most run-down rub of dog-sh*t will be listed atleast 180 grand.

Users who are viewing this thread