Marcel Visits Philadelphia!!!!!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Okay, a few pictures. These are two from Boston. Didn't have much time there as I was working from 8am to 11pm usually. Also I've been there a couple of times, so I had seen the highlights already. But I liked these photo's, so I want to share them.

This is a picture of one of the teaparty ships. Don't know if it is an original or a replica.
tea.jpg

This is the light playing with the skyscrapers over the old statehouse
light.jpg

Last edited:
The grand old lady. We don't have anything like her in The Netherlands. A very impressive battle ship and I was really exited to go there. It's a magnificent ship and I think the Americans do well to preserve things like this. Chris already posted some pics and some of mine are similar to what he posted, so I will try to show some different pics.

View from the other side of the river:
IMG_5929.jpg

View from the bridge to the bow:
IMG_5897.jpg

From the bow to the bridge:
IMG_5865.jpg

Another shot of the gun and bow:
IMG_5860.jpg

Do I know this guy? :lol: I have the sun in my back, that's why Chris is frowning. It had nothing to do with me...... I gues :)
chris_jersey.jpg

Captain of the ship, Njaco. He shows why he is a great moderator.
IMG_5895.jpg

Chris fits better in the bunk than I do. I don't believe they build this ship for dutchmen, we're too tall.
IMG_5869.jpg

Long corridor
IMG_5875.jpg

The battlebridge
IMG_5888.jpg

Inside the aft turret. For a lady she's got big guns 8)
IMG_5909.jpg

Keeping the old lady in good shape is a big task. Fortunately there are a whole bunch of good people who give their time as a volunteer to keep her in shape. But even they cannot do miracles. The wooden deck is in a pretty bad shape as you can see below. They told us it'll cost 8 million dollars to replace it. I hop they make it, it's a facinating piece of history and should be preserved.
IMG_5867.jpg
IMG_5906.jpg
IMG_5885.jpg

Last edited:
looks like a great time was had by all. the weather seemed to be agreeable for the trip too. hope you had a great time marcel and hopefully next time you venture this way a few more of us can join the fun.

Do you know the name of the four mast ship?Did you check out the USS Constitution in Boston? Nice shots guys ;)

The four mast ship in Philly is the Moshulu and has been converted into a bar/restaurant on the waterfront.

It was funny that we were talking about streets - comparing Rotterdam to Philadelphia. Philly's streets are straight because it was laid out before. Rotterdam is all over the map - so much so that Hummer vehicles are banned in Rotterdam. AND with that a Hummer limousine rolls past us! hence the pic!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back