Marcel Visits Philadelphia!!!!!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Njaco

The Pop-Tart Whisperer
Feb 19, 2007
Southern New Jersey
So the last 2 days, Marcel was in town and we visited several places in and around Philly. Friday nite I picked him up from 30th Street Station and we had dinner then went and jammed with some guys that I've been playing in a band with. Once again, Marcel was a virtuoso on guitar!

This is a map of the Philly/Camden area that we strolled around.
philadelphia.gif

Early Saturday we visited the USS New Jersey BB-62 (where it says "Wiggins Park" on the map above). She is very impressive and we didn't know that she is the largest battleship afloat, beating her Iowa class sisters by 3 feet in length. Here are some pics I took while we were there.

001.JPG
002.JPG
003.JPG
005.JPG

Once done with our lunch, we walked a few blocks to South Street. South Street has a lot of unique places and things. When we got there, there was a festival going on! They had shut down the road and people were everywhere. The first section was a German Beerfest with a traditional German band and mugs and....beer! WE walked around, listened to some live bands and tried some brews.

028.JPG
029.JPG
030.JPG
027.JPG

Last edited:
We finally made our way to the waterfront where we checked out the Olympia, Moshulu and the submarine Becuna. Took some pics with BB-62 in the background.

Attachments

• 034.JPG
    034.JPG
    118.5 KB · Views: 139
  • 035.JPG
    035.JPG
    84.7 KB · Views: 134
  • 036.JPG
    036.JPG
    115.8 KB · Views: 141

Users who are viewing this thread

Back