Marcel's photo's

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

some more pics:

21906620772_4b30f97cf2_b.jpg

21892469186_14c324c4ca_b.jpg

21295958194_9a8930facd_b.jpg

21731826369_0656f0c51f_b.jpg

Thanks guys and from now on, my pictures will become even better as I bought myself a new camera. A Canon EOS 70D. Still a crop sensor, but the best of the crop-Canon's. Didn't buy new lenses, not even a kitlens, so have to fight with the wive for these as we now have 3 lenses for 2 cameras :D

So I'm testing my new camera. I think the big plus is here that it's much more light sensitive, ISO 12800 vs 1600 in my old camera. It's quite a bit heavier and bulkier compared with the old EOS1000D, but as I have big hands, I don't find this a disadvantage. Much more options and quicker focussing makes it a breeze to use. I don't care fore the WIFI, filming etc as I want to use it for photos. I don't understand wy I should want to make films with my photocamera. Anyway, first results are pretty nice. Photographed in my little garden yesterday to test it.
I also got Adobe Lightroom for free for a year, so I found myself a windows installation at home (I'm an avid Linux user) and installed Lightroom. My first impression is that It doesn;t do as much as Darktable (the RAW processor I usually use). Probably everything is hidden in Wizards like the common practice in Microsoft world. But I didn't seem to find those. Al-and-all it seems like Darktable is much more feature rich apart from the Photo library management (I use shotwell for this). I'll probably have to play with Lightroom more as I cannot believe it is as bare as my first impression seems to tell me. After all it is the leading RAW processor and the program every professional uses. But I don't see me using it over Darktable anytime soon.

Anyway here two pictures I shot with the new camera. One with my 70-300 lens and one with the 50mm prime. Processed in Darktable of course.

22059531140_b952ff0843_b.jpg

21626547943_35bd7b79b9_b.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back