Marcel's photo's

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Was at the Nieuwe Hollandse Waterlinie. Here a picture of the 'Werk aan de Groeneweg", a group of pillboxes and trenches near the river Lek, south of Houten.
17551839540_e175cd4ef3_b.jpg

20150516_0031-2 by Marcel Kerkveld, on Flickr

The rest I will post in the 'Worldwar2 in your backyard" thread ;)

Lovely Marcel. Water shots are a weakness of mine. Our nature trails are hit or miss with Grizzly/Black bears so caution is needed. A young man was killed by a black bear just south of town last week while camping.

Geo

Lovely Marcel. Water shots are a weakness of mine. Our nature trails are hit or miss with Grizzly/Black bears so caution is needed. A young man was killed by a black bear just south of town last week while camping.

Geo
Here, the only big predetor you can find is the sea eagle, european version of the bald eagle. No bears.

Last week I went back to my roots, Groningen, where I was born and raised before I left for the west. I was there for the airshow of Oostwold, pictures of which you can see elsewhere, but also was able to walk around in the area. I went to my old playgrounds at the 'Ennema Borg' in Midwolda. A borg is a little castle i Groningen. The Ennema Borg started as a fortified tower in the 14th century. The rear facade is still from that era. It now is a ;ittle castle, looking like an old villa with a huge entree and forrest around it. I used to come there quite often when I was in my early teens.

Front facade, tried some sepia effect. Works well, apart from the modern poles and flags :)
water_20150524_0191.jpg

Rear facade, you can see parts of the old tower in the wall
water_20150524_0199.jpg

The pond in the garden.. I actually need a polarisation filter, so I can get rid of the reflections on the leaf.
water_20150524_0201.jpg
water_20150524_0211.jpg

The backside used to be the entrance. You can still see the old entrance way.
water_20150524_0227.jpg

Pictures in the woods...
water_20150524_0237.jpg
water_20150524_0253.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back