Martin Baker MB2 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

back to the subject

bob420.jpg

bob428.jpg

detailing and markings being applied,in having to do this by hand as i don't have any decals that will fit

1/72 scale just like all of mine. I have the model of Czapla assembled too.

But back to the main topic... looking good. But what kind of paints and brushes do you use?

most of my paints are the modern revell issue but i do have a few of these older paints still in useable condition made by gloy,my brushes are simple sable modeling brushes,i have thought of airbrushing but the misses said she didn't want me spraying in the house although i have sprayed a couple of d/h/hornets i built last year before i found this site in the garden,this is still a learning curve for me building models again and more relaxing then watching the tele

Last edited:
I see. Please don't get me wrong, but the dope applying seems to be a little bit incorrect. There are dust particles or remains of sanding in the paint. Every model has to be washed up with warm water and soap before painting and made dry.ALso the area ( surface ) where you are going to paint your model has to be clean and dust-free. Therefore I suggest using of wet rag for removing all of these grains. Just for the future.

yes i have its a little better but i might give it a light rub down with some wet and dry to de nib it and apply a 3rd

I see. Remeber that too many layears of paints can make all small details unseen. Also the entire surface of a model can become uneven.

i've had a little break from this one to let the paint harden,i've now lightly rubbed her down and repainted the olive drab,it now has a better finish,pics to follow shortly,just the wheels to make and fit into the cowls plus the finishing of the hand painted transfers,not my best model ever built but i'm still learning,my next vac formed kit will proberly be my TRS2 which i hope will turn out a lot better

bob833.jpg

i've done a little more to this kit now including fitting the wheels to the undercarrage and making the pole that fitted on the canopy from scratch

Odd looking beast right there. When I watched those pic's earlier in your thread the MB-2 somehow reminded me of the Fokker D.XXI except with an inline engine

i must say i think you are right,i have a d.xx1 kit in 1/72nd and the dimensions/ design are very close,maybe someone took some photos on the quiet back then and one of these design was copied from the other but which way round ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back