Canadair CL-13B (Sabre MK 6)of Bundesluftwaffe with Martin Baker ejection seat 1:32 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Time for a thick coat of primer followed by an inspection for scratches and other bad looking parts.

MK 6_ 32.jpg

The elevators so far are th best fitting parts of this kit.

MK 6_ 33.jpg

Next will be the camouflage of the MK 6.

MK 6_ 34.jpg

Last edited:
Well here comes the paint. Studying color pics of the real thing I came to the conclusion that every olive green and middle gray will do with lightgreen undersides.
Not one pic shows the same color as the other. Weather conditions, light situation and age do fool us.

MK 6_38.jpg

Iused two shades of green to give a used look.

MK 6_39.jpg

the cockpit wairs for the seat.

MK 6_40.jpg

another look.

MK 6_41.jpg

At last two pics of the underside.

MK 6_42.jpg

MK 6_43.jpg

Now to the decals. There is a comprehensive decal sheet but no hint where to put all these goodies. Kinetic was dump enough to to forget the instruction sheet.
Here is what you get from them. A downsized plan of there F86-F30/40! :evil:

MK6_45.jpg

When there is no plan where to put the decals you are free to put them where you like it. I hope I can convince you of my way.

MK6_46.jpg

MK6_47.jpg

There were only few places I knew positively where to place what decal.

MK6_48.jpg

MK6_49.jpg

Almost ready for take off?

MK6_50.jpg

At last I got my hands on a resin ejection seat. Not the MK5 which would be the correct item but a MK7 destined for the Crusader. There are marked similarities between the two Martin Bakers so I went on with this one (It was a gift of a friend). The lifting device for the canopy was lengthy to construct. Had to do it four times! One broke and two were too clumsy. Now the canopy is ready.

MK6_53.jpg

Two pics from a distance.

MK6_52.jpg

MK6_51.jpg

There is one more great problem left. where to get this canadian pattern nose wheel?

Gatow_07_049.jpg

I did not have time to search the web for it and once more dived into my spares box. There was a tractor wheel in a smaller scale. Don't know where it stemmed from and so I decided to use it for a start.

MK 6_63.jpg

MK 6_62.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back