Canadair CL-13B (Sabre MK 6)of Bundesluftwaffe with Martin Baker ejection seat 1:32

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Filling and sanding is very important with this kit. I am not amused by the genetal fit of parts.

Attachments

• MK 6_ 22.jpg
    MK 6_ 22.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 124
Hi Airframes,
Do'nt know if the Kinetic F-86-F with the hardedge wing is as questionable as this kit. I will know soon because i wanr to build one in future.

Last edited:
The Italeri kits are re-boxed Kinetic kits Michael, so I'd guess any problem areas will be the same - unless Italeri have improved the moulds, and done the production themselves, which is unlikely.

Maybe I made some mistakes when building the cockpit but I think the fit of the Kinetic Sabre is not up state of art. Putty and sandpaper will call it a day.

MK 6_ 24.jpg

Bad the new panel lines I engraved are mostly gone during sanding. Good the unrealistic rivets will go too.

MK 6_ 25.jpg

There are more monsters waiting for me. Looks like fuselage parts and wings will not meet easely. :evil:

MK 6_ 26.jpg

At last I got the wing to the fuselage. Filling and sanding destroyed most of the altered panel details. Once again resccribing. I wonder if I made mistakes or got a bad shot from Kinetic. It looked so nice in the bag and whispered "buy me". Must have been a silver tongued devil! :evil:

MK 6_ 27.jpg

The lower half of the wing was a nightmmare to fit. Very difficult to get some posetive dihedral.

MK 6_ 28.jpg

MK 6_ 29.jpg

Opening the lower ammunition hatch which is used by the crews as a step didn't make things easier.

MK 6_ 30.jpg

I had to scratchbuild the hatch because the thickness of the cut out item is up to 3 mm and looks very awful. You must take care to fit the root cap of the wing to the hatch not letting it hang down on cord as on US-F86 Fs.

MK 6_ 31-.jpg

Nice work Michael, and I'm sure you'll get the better of it in the end! Maybe you did get a bad moulding, as the reviews, although some mention the odd small fit problem, don't seem to mention such a big problem.
Interesting info about the wing root cap - didn't know there was a difference, thanks for the info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back