Me 262 from the Trumpeter kit in 1/32 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Here's the relevant page from the Trumpeter Me 262 A-1a kit.

I think it's just about legible. If not I can send a higher res version to an email address.

Cheers

Steve

Many thanks Steve, that's exactly what I need but, if you don't mind, could send it again via e-mail?
It's a bit hard to read.

Many thanks again
Alberto

Last edited by a moderator:
:D:D Got it and it's very good because I have the confirmation that I have all parts I need, no scratch-building for this time!
Alberto

Good to hear Sergio, and can't wait for the progress :D it is very similar to the Dragon Me-262 kits, just slightly diffrent :S

Hi everybody,
as the gun bay was the subject of my investigation, after I got your very good feed-back, I went on to assembly it, here is the outcome:

DSCN0121 res.jpg
DSCN0123 res.jpg
DSCN0124 res.jpg

Instruction suggest to paint everything except guns, with "silver" but I preferred to use the new Gunze "MrMetal Color" # 214 Dark iron and I like the result. These are dry burnish colours that work quite well, i.m.h.o.

I also have an other question for the expert, sorry if I bother you.

Kit instructions shows that main undercarriage wells have no tops nor sides, like it can be seen in my picture taken after a dry fitting:

DSCN0119.JPG
DSCN0120.JPG

Instead , on the Kagero book these "containments" are cleraly shown

main wheel well.jpg

I could try to scratch-build them or spend 16 Euros to buy the after-market kit from CMK, bu I would like to know who is right, Trump or Kag?

Again, thanks in advance
Alberto

I'll let you decide! Here's some pictures of W.Nr 500071.

Wheel wells.

well.gif

Starboard wheel well,looking forward.

starboardforward.gif

Starboard wheel well,looking aft (to the rear)

starboardaft.gif

Cheers

Steve

It's OK Alberto. This is correct. There could be seen the cockpit "bath" through these wheel bays opened. There should be more wires seen in fact. But you would have to add them yourself.

2-14%20(2).jpg

wheelbay1rv9.jpg

wheelbay2gd6.jpg

assembly100.jpg

:D:D Many thanks Wojtek and Stona for the very nice pictures, they are really self explaining.

I've already got the CMK kit for the hub and this has many more details already built-in.
But your nice photos open to me a new question: in all pictures the metal seems to be unpainted, and this I think is very sound as I don't think they had spare money to spend with paint and labour in those times, instead the instructions suggest RLM 02, what do you think? :?::?:
Of course for the inside the cockpit they suggest RLM 66 and I think this is correct also because I understood that several panel were made in wood.
Cheers

Alberto

Oops ... I criss-crossed posts with Stona.

Yep,but those are some very nice photos you posted Wurger :)

I reckon you should be good to go Alberto. Nice work on the gunbay too.

Cheers
Stona

The undersides of the cockpit interior were of NMF (aluminium). There was a couple details painted with the RLM02 only. I mean the rivet joins and details made of steel. Generally all interior surfaces were of aluminium colour.

IMG_2997m.jpg

IMG_3011m.jpg

Of course the cockpit interior was of RLM66

3206790936_fc3e063392_o.jpg

Hi,
almost completed the elements for the pilot office even if I'm still waiting for safety belts.
Here some pictures:

DSCN0131.JPG
DSCN0132.JPG
DSCN0133.JPG
DSCN0134.JPG
DSCN0135.JPG
DSCN0137.JPG

More to follow soon as I'm also working on engines.

Any comment/suggestion to improve is always very welcome
Alberto

Great work Sergio. Maybe next time, save the pics at a lower resolution as they're all well over 1Mb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back