Me 262 from the Trumpeter kit in 1/32 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

So I managed to arrange a new under-wing panel with engine attachments etc.

DSCN0174.JPG
DSCN0175.JPG

and fitted left to help positioning of the right one and, I must say, Trumpy fitting wasn't precise as you can see here:

DSCN0170.JPG

a tiny piece of plasticard and some putty will solve the situation.

DSCN0173.JPG

More to follow soon.
Aberto

I also did some work on the Me 262

DSCN0195.JPG

DSCN0196.JPG

DSCN0197.JPG

DSCN0198.JPG

Again, as you can see, some filler was needed so a re-scribing campaign is in order for pretty soon.
Alberto

Many thanks to all for the nice comments.
Nothing new to show right now because I've done the re-scribing and I'm working on masking prior to give a primer coat to everything.
Also I found a new issue: the two gun bay covers doesn't work in closed position, so I'm scratch-building two temporary plasticard covers to protect this area during painting.
Alberto

Hi,
finally done with the re-scribing panels and rivets and given a first coat of primer, photos probably tomorrow.
In the mean time I decided that this will be a German bird, no Israel or other what-if ideas.
I choose the machine flown by Heinz Bar in 1945, this one:
red13_2.jpg

Roth 13.jpg

Decals from EagleCals and here is a question I have for the experts.
All sources I've checked say that underside colour was RLM 76 but on the EagleCals paper they state RLM 74, which one is correct? I think is RLM 76 but ...
Many thanks in advance for your opinion.
Alberto

Many thanks Wayne for your answer.
About upper surfaces I found several sources stating RLM 81 and RLM 82, one being this book
Me 262 Airfr Min 1.jpg

and this drawing
Mimetica RLM.jpg

But, I agree, this specific bird could have been painted differently, as I found here
Model Airplane | Messerschmitt Me 262 A-1a "Red 13" | Heinz Bar

Tomorrow I will go to buy the paints, I think I will be sure to have both options open until the last minute, when I will have to take a decision
Alberto

Users who are viewing this thread

Back