Me 262 from the Trumpeter kit in 1/32

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

That's the one I will do, also for a change vs the 74/75/76 livery I've done a few times in the past on prop birds.
Alberto

Personally I think the 81/82 Greens is right over the 76 in this case..

So do I. There are two nice colour photos of W.Nr. 110604 taken at Lechfeld. This aircraft came from the same Schwabisch-Hall,Hessental Wald Werk batch as your subject (110596-110620) and is clearly 81/82/76. The RLM 76 applied to the undersides of these aircraft is a very light version,almost white in some images.
Cheers
Steve

So do I. There are two nice colour photos of W.Nr. 110604 taken at Lechfeld. This aircraft came from the same Schwabisch-Hall,Hessental Wald Werk batch as your subject (110596-110620) and is clearly 81/82/76. The RLM 76 applied to the undersides of these aircraft is a very light version,almost white in some images.
Cheers
Steve

Many thanks Steve for your answer, any idea where I could find those colour photos?

By the way I did some little progress.
Very little on the painting process, as you can see in the following picture the RLM 76 coat I gave to the undersides is very light (GOOD) but not enough to cover the white putty areas. One more will follow tomorrow, hopefully.
DSCN0216.JPG

A bit more on details. Undercarriage legs are ready, just need a bit of weathering before installing.
DSCN0220.JPG

DSCN0222.JPG

Cheers
Alberto

I did something on the Schwalbe as well...

Painted the splinter camou:

DSCN0223.JPG
DSCN0224.JPG
DSCN0225 res.jpg

Here I would have two questions for the experts:

1) According to your knowledge, the 81/82 camou on the wing should stop where I stopped it, or should go until the line I marked with a red arrow?
2) Assuming that the hard demarcation between 81 and 82 is correct, and I think it is, what about the demarcation between RLM 76 and the other two colours? Wavy but hard as I did, or soft? I think it should be soft, but I would like to be sure before I grab my airbrush.

Besides the above I'm happy to say that Trumpeter dig a good job with riveting on wings, as it can be seen on this picture. No weathering done yet, of course.

DSCN0226 res.jpg

Last I painted and weathered tyres.

DSCN0227.JPG

All the best!
Alberto

Last edited:
I don't see a red arrow but the camouflage on the upper wings should carry onto the wing root. Often with a soft demarcation into the fuselage colour. I can't check this specific aircraft for that.All the demarcations visible on W.Nr.110604 which I mentioned before are soft at 1:1, but in scale that's your call.
Cheers
Steve

Many thanks! In facts I forgot to post the picture with the arrow, I do it now, just for confirmation
DSCN0225 res edit.jpg

but I think I understood.
Alberto

You did!
These aircraft were turned out from a lot of different facilities but other aircraft close to yours and from the same facility have this area finished as part of the upper wing camouflage,certainly so that the lighter colour would not be visible from above.
You can just about make out the demarcation,particularly towards the rear of the wing,in this photo of W.Nr.110604 at Lechfeld.

IMG_0310.jpg

Cheers

Steve

Edit,sorry I can't get the orientation of the piccy to change :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Many thanks again, Steve.
Very nice photo, I will change the orientation myself.
Tomorrow some more masking, fortunately I've god a good stock of masking tape!
Alberto

A little step backwards.
On post 78 I mentioned my decision to make a German plane but, prior to that I considered two other different options.
One was to make an Italian bird because, I remember reading that that was an historically correct possibility, but I didn't found any evidence of that, since yesterday!!
In facts, on page 87 of the book "Messerschmitt 109 in Italian service" I found this statement:

During the month of March (1945) the SMAR (Stato Maggiore Aeronautica Repubblicana) received a short communication, stating that the "4th Staffel of 2./Italianishe Jagdgruppe" had been chosen to begin training and re-equipment with the Me 262 jet fighter!
The fall of the Italian front blocked the fulfilment of the decision ...

So, a what-if could have been possible, even if there never was a Schwalbe with Italian markings.
Alberto

Users who are viewing this thread

Back