Me 262 from the Trumpeter kit in 1/32

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nice work Alberto, but I agree with Andy - the pics are taking a long time to load, slowing down the forum. If you re-size to no larger than 800 x 600 pixels, and upload direct to the forum from your files, they'll be quicker to view, and not cause forum problems.

Gone further with the pilot office:

DSCN0140.JPG
DSCN0141.JPG
DSCN0142.JPG
DSCN0143.JPG
DSCN0148.JPG

Then, if you the fuselage upside-down ...

DSCN0144.JPG
DSCN0146.JPG
DSCN0147.JPG

I also added some details in the radio compartment, besides I new the will almost impossible to be seen:

DSCN0160.JPG

About engines, one sits already in its nacelle, so no detail is needed:

DSCN0153.JPG

For the other one, I will do my best to add piping and cabling.

DSCN0154.JPG
DSCN0155.JPG
DSCN0156.JPG
DSCN0157.JPG

More to follow soon.
Alberto

Hi,
these are the shoulder belts I've used
Real Look seat belts.jpg

The only required actions are to paint the back-side in similar colour and add some weathering.
Alberto

I'm here again with some pictures of the engine and some questions for the experts.

Th engine first

DSCN0161 res.jpg
DSCN0162 res.jpg
DSCN0163 res.jpg
DSCN0164 res.jpg
DSCN0165 res.jpg
DSCN0166 res.jpg
DSCN0167 rs.jpg

It sounds good to me and I hope you will like it but I also think it will be a real pity to enclose it inside the nacelle, so the are three options:
1) Use transparent nacelles, but I don't like them very much because my model will resemble a toy
2) Just cut an opening, like I did already:
DSCN0168.JPG
DSCN0169.JPG

but only a minor portion of the engine will be visible
3) The third option is to show the engine completely exposed, like in this photo:
port engine.jpg

but here comes the firs question for the experts, does anybody know how the engine was attached to the wing? Any picture may be also showing the wing structure?

The other question I have for the experts concerns landing gear covers.
I read that those covers were made in wood and plywood with only some parts in metal, therefore I deduce that those parts were painted RM02 gray, is it correct?

Many thanks in advance for any comment and/or help.
Alberto

Love the engine detailing Alberto. The only thing I noticed was that the starter pull ring is sticking out a bit far.

Let me flip though my references for a bit and I'll see if I can answer your questions unless someone beats me to it.

OK, I guess no-one beat me to it. For such a nice detail job, I would consider your option 3. The real aircraft's cowls were designed to be completely removable, exposing the whole engine

1) The engine attaches to the wing at 3 mounting points. I have pointed to them in your picture here.

DSCN0164 res.jpg

The single one on the ring flange to the rear does not seem to have been replicated on your model. Attachment was by bolts. Here are two pictures (source Squadron Me262 Walkaround) showing the mounting to the wing:

Engine Mount 1.jpg

Engine Mount 2.jpg

Note the bare aluminum delineation with the RLM 76 where the missing cowl meets the wing.

2) Not sure about the wood components. Of course this was possible as this became a more common practice on late war LW aircraft. True or not, I would paint the insides of the gear doors RLM 02. Others may have better info on this though.

Last edited:
Good stuff Alberto. I've seen those belts advertised, and wondered what they looked like - nice!
Here's a few pics of a partially sectioned Jumo, at the Midland Air Museum - don't know if they'll help for some details?

Attachments

• Midland Air Museum 008.jpg
    Midland Air Museum 008.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 149
  • Midland Air Museum 009.jpg
    Midland Air Museum 009.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 172
  • Midland Air Museum 010.jpg
    Midland Air Museum 010.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 180
  • Midland Air Museum 012.jpg
    Midland Air Museum 012.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 182
  • Midland Air Museum 013.jpg
    Midland Air Museum 013.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 149
Many thanks, your pictures are just great!
I found that a Spanish modeller (Francisco Soldan Alfaro) did already something similar
motore 3.jpg
motore 4.jpg

so, inspired by that I started already working on the new under-wing panel.
About the starter ring, isn't yet fixed and I will try to make a smaller ring that will look better.
Thanks again. :D:D:D
Alberto

Users who are viewing this thread

Back