Me 262 from the Trumpeter kit in 1/32

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I have found the short note on another forum poste some time ago..

"... the book "Air War Italy 1944-45"; by Nick Beale, Ferdinando D'Amico, and Gabriele Valentini; Airlife Publishing Ltd, Shrewsbury, England; c. 1996. The authors give many reported sightings of Me 262s in Italy, but, on page 200, go on to state:

"Despite many reported sightings, we know of no hard evidence that Me 262s were ever in Italy. OKL in April had notified the Italian Embassy that pilots of II° Gr.C. would be trained on the type in Germany but no more came of this than of rumours within the Gruppo that they would be getting the He 162."

Many thanks for all comments!
About "Italian" Me 262, I have the book mentioned above as well. It was written by the same authors, Ferdinando D'Amico and Gabriele Valentini, a few years after the on Italian messerschmitt and personally I have no doubts, no Me 262 ever sported Italian markings
Alberto

Hi,
I did some progress with this project as well.

DSCN0269.JPG
DSCN0270.JPG
DSCN0271.JPG
DSCN0272.JPG
DSCN0273.JPG
DSCN0274.JPG

The area under the wing, painted aluminium, where the engine will go and the latter just dry fitted

DSCN0275.JPG
DSCN0276.JPG
DSCN0277.JPG

Now I'm ready to coat everything with future and start thinking to markings. Not sure if for the large ones I will use decals or masks, shell see.

Any comment/suggestion is very welcome.
Alberto

Good stuff Alberto.
if it's not too late I would do a thin mix of your 81 and 82 and do a light application along the fuselage to tone down the 76 a bit along the camo edge at mid fuselage, mask each segment of the 81 and 82 to retain your vertical hard edge pattern and then do a light mottled pass along the horizontal edge, mask the 81 and do the 82 then reverse and repeat..if you get my meaning?

hang on....took your pic and reattached your pic showing masking in RED on the RLM 81 and thin spray mix line of 82, then reverse and repeat, hope my meaning is clearer...

Attachments

• Alberto's Me262.jpg
    Alberto's Me262.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 110
Hi Wayne,
your comments are always very welcome, of course!

In this specific case I understand what you are saying but I'm not sure if I understand what you mean.

This pictures taken today
DSCN0271 (2).JPG
DSCN0272 (2).JPG

should help me explaining what I did.
In order to get a soft blend between RLM 76 and 81/82 I sprayed again some RLM 76 on the borderline; may be it was not enough but it saved the tricky masking.

If at the end we are speaking the same, fine; if you mean something different, please tell me, I'm very interested.

Even if I already gave a coat of Future on everything, I think I could play again with camou colours if it's needed to get a good final result.

In brackets, I decided in hurry to coat with Future because I noticed that these Aqueos Hobby Colours, specially RLM 82, are very delicate: minimum touch with something means a scratch.

Cheers
Alberto

Hi Alberto, sorry I haven't been back in a few days. You're 76 is oversprayed a bit too much on the 81 and 82 greens, so to fix this mask along the camo edges of the fuselage and cover the 81 colour as I showed in Red strips, then you can thin some 82 and carefully mottle it horizontally along the 76 oversprayed edge so the 82 now becomes the feathered or mottled edge over the 76, once it has dried do the reverse, mask the 82 sections, thin some 81 and mottle this area over the 76 as I showed using the yellow line as an edge pattern guide for where the mottle pattern is done. this will look more like how the real aircraft was done.

have quickly roughed out what I mean for each masked colour and the rough mottling pattern to apply, hope I explained it right?

first pic shows masked (Red) 82 and 81 mottled pattern along edge.
second pic the reverse mask of 81 to mottle 82...

Attachments

• 81 masked to paint 82.jpg
    81 masked to paint 82.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 107
  • 82 masked to paint 81.jpg
    82 masked to paint 81.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 101
Many thanks Wayne for your suggestions and the time you spent on my project.
:notworthy:
I appreciate that, but I think I will consider them for the next 262, if I will do an other one sometime.
The main reason is that I already gave several coats of future and masked already for spraying-on the balken-kreutz.
Surely I didn't did it the best way and this model will never win a prize, but the over-spray towards the top of RLM76 was due to my attempt to replicate this camouflage:
W Nr 110604.jpg

I know, the separation between RLM 76 and 81/82 should be more wavy ...:oops::oops: etc.
Pictures to come, may be tonight.
Cheers
Alberto

Hi everybody,
as mentioned above, I started painting crosses on the bird, here some pictures:

DSCN0288.JPG
DSCN0289.JPG
DSCN0290.JPG
DSCN0293.JPG
View attachment 231808
DSCN0295.JPG

DSCN0294.JPG

Unfortunately a couple of photos aren't correctly focus.
Now is really time to start thinking decals.
Alberto

Users who are viewing this thread

Back