Mein Kampf to be reprinted in German (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Colin1

Senior Master Sergeant
Jan 2, 2009
United Kingdom
The Daily Telegraph 5 February 2010

Adolf Hitler's Mein Kampf is to be republished in Germany in 2015 for the first time since being banned after the Second World War. The copyright, held by the state of Bavaria, expires in 2015.

The Munich-based Institute of Contemporary History has pledged to publish an 'annotated version' with historical notes.

Jewish leaders in Germany have backed the project.

Curiosity must be large about this book, because I'm having a hard time finding any noteworthy qualities in this book, let alone read-worthy qualities.
If nothing else, then historical documentation's the only reason I can see for republishing this load of utter unintelligent drivel.
Reading "Mein Kampf" is like listening to a little dog barking constantly - it feels so good when it stops! :lol:

The onlu good reason to reprint that I can think of right away, is that it'll help make it easier to spot racism and hate-based rhetorics, and that in itself can be a darned good thing in my eyes.

Last edited:
It was a tough read at times, but I think it's a good idea to publish it - regardless of being good or bad, it still was a part of history.

I own an original copy of it, but then again that is only because I am a collector.

I have mixed feelings about this. Part of me says that it is a historical book and there is nothing wrong with it. The other part says there is no reason to publish such hate filled book.

If we are afraid of a publishing of this book that says more about us than the book imo.

We had a copy of that book in my History class in high school... I think you can't really believe anything written in it... Unless you have some mental illness. Which says a lot about Neo-Nazi zealots, as far as I'm concerned. :lol:

We had a copy of that book in my History class in high school... I think you can't really believe anything written in it... Unless you have some mental illness.
Ahh, so it's kinda like the bible.
<_<
>_>

I would go easy on statements like that, riacrato. A person's religious beliefs are very personal and while you may feel that way, this could start a very nasty thread.

I own a copy of Mein Kampf, buying it years ago to try and understand the mind of a madman. What I found was a collection of ramblings that I ended up never finishing. It was just too difficult to understand at times because of the writing "style". I guess from a historical perspective, it is good to have it around to study so this kind of thing never happens again.

Ahh, so it's kinda like the bible.
<_<
>_>

To a few people, yes. To a lot of people, no. And thank God for that! :lol:
It's more kinda like something that some people, who live and breathe for the writings of Karl Marx, or Chairman Mao - or whoever has written a political statement that means a lot to someone.

To some, their political belief is their religion - to others, their religion is also a way of politics, and to others yet again, these two things have nothing to do with the other - and everything in between, I guess.
Basically, it's a matter of personal opinion - what matters most to people, and that's why it's such a touchy subjent to many people.
At least seen from here. ;)

Last edited:
I have mixed feelings about this. Part of me says that it is a historical book and there is nothing wrong with it. The other part says there is no reason to publish such hate filled book.

I have a PDF copy of it somewhere around here, and have never been able to finish. I get a few pages in, and have this overwhelming urge to take a very hot shower. Just leaves me feeling....dirty, unclean. I agree with you on this, though...from a historical perspective, it was a book that brought about massive change in the world. From a personal perspective, every copy should be burned, mainly because, as Maria stated, there are those who will agree with these rantings, for some reason. And that in itself is frightening.

I have never read it myself, but I have expected it to be as it has been described so far, rants of hatred by a madman only interested in his own rise to power and genocide. I am sure it would be very disturbing for me to read.

I have never read it myself, but I have expected it to be as it has been described so far, rants of hatred by a madman only interested in his own rise to power and genocide. I am sure it would be very disturbing for me to read.

I follow you all the way.
Alright, I'm thinking out loud here:
I tried to read it, and my reaction all through the parts I managed to chew my way through, was:
"Did/does someone actually believe in this sh**???" :lol:
I gave up eventually, in my eyes the writing is clumsy and unschooled, and the contents are outright stupid, filled with hatred, and it looks totally psychotic to me.

But read for yourselves and form your own opinion, that's what matters most. ;)

I was just joking, I thought that was obvious. Of course there's no real comparison.

For the record I have never read a single line of Mein Kampf except for maybe something that was reprinted in a history book. Maybe I'll read it someday for scholarly purposes.

Last edited:
I was just joking, I thought that was obvious. Of course there's no real comparison.

For the record I have never read a single line of Mein Kampf except for maybe something that was reprinted in a history book. Maybe I'll read it someday for scholarly purposes.

My mistake. I took you for serious. Sorry riacrato!

You haven't missed a thing, R. I have read it, and echo all who said it was obnoxiously boring in addition to being hate personified. What I did find interesting was that der Fuehrer wasn't bashful about his plans for Germany. Perhaps Chamberlain might have behaved differently, had he read it...

Seems everybody is on the same page (no pun intended) on this. The book is boring. To tell the truth, I have only read a short bit of it and just can't get any further. Even if I agreed with the writings (and I don't, for the vast majority of it), it's simply unreadable.

It reminded me of the boring guy at a party spouting all sorts of political crap and people just walking away from him. Same gig, "the guy is a nut, avoid him" is what I come away with.

The Nazis used to give it away as a wedding present. How nutty is that? "Thanks Adolf, but I prefer my toliet paper in roll form."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back