Melbourne Model Expo (2011) (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Next one up is a Mitsubishi J2M3 raiden in British markings...

Attachments

• 5_J2M3 Raiden-British_4948.JPG
    5_J2M3 Raiden-British_4948.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 83
  • 5_J2M3 Raiden-British_4949.JPG
    5_J2M3 Raiden-British_4949.JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 89
  • 5_J2M3 Raiden-British_4984.JPG
    5_J2M3 Raiden-British_4984.JPG
    46.8 KB · Views: 80
rather nice. Is that a 'what if?', or an actual scheme? Seems strange to have it in full RAF markings, rather than the normal 'captured' marks.

Didn't spot the P-47 card! But I did notice that the nose art is that used by a SEAC P-47 Squadron, even though the roundels are incorrect for that theatre !

He should of done that foxbat in a 3 color scheme. I can't remember but I think the slovaks had some migs with the 3 color scheme.

The next subject is the F7F Tigercat...I do like the lines of this bird....

Attachments

• 6_F7F Tigercat_4950.JPG
    6_F7F Tigercat_4950.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 55
  • 6_F7F Tigercat_4987.JPG
    6_F7F Tigercat_4987.JPG
    47 KB · Views: 55
  • 6_F7F Tigercat_4988.JPG
    6_F7F Tigercat_4988.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 54
Can't say I've come across this bird before, very big wings and tail fin for a slim body. Is it me or is it almost tail sitting and just held up by the access ladder behind the stbd wing.

Can't say I've come across this bird before, very big wings and tail fin for a slim body. Is it me or is it almost tail sitting and just held up by the access ladder behind the stbd wing.

Had another look at one of the larger Pics and I think you're right Vic the ladder IS doing the job...the nose wheel is 1-2mm of the table!

Not bad, but agree about the lack of nose weight. Also, the severe weathering looks a bit stark - didn't think the Tigercat got so much hard use, only seen pics of 'clean' machines, apart from those left standing in storage or breakers yards.

The tigercat always looks clunky until you see it from head on and then... oh man I'm in love.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back