Members Airshow meet, 'Flying Legends' 2017

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Good stuff Vic and Gary. And Karl, I'm sure we could sort something if April is at Liverpool. Probably easier for her to get a train over to me, to save time and milers, but it can be sorted at the time.

I think the last exams are normally over by end of June, very early July, just going off what both my daughters did. And no problem collecting April if she is at Liverpool.

OK Vince. I'll 'refresh' this probably around the time of this year's event, giving a year for members to sort out arrangements.
The ' mini meet' at the BoB airshow at DX was a great success, and did marvelous things for US / Canadian / British Brewery relations !!
Here's a pic of 'the bar and grille' at the Fowlmere camp site ....................

DSCF0034.JPG

Better place a bulk order for Speckled Hen I guess !
It really will be great if we can get a crowd together, even if it's just on the airfield. But if we can all link-up for some social festivities too, then that'll be even better. If the camp site is not convenient for everyone, then maybe we can all stay at the same hotel, even if just for one night, or arrange an evenings social event on the camp site, with taxis to transport people there and back.
Either way, any accommodation requirements need to be booked around a year in advance, as local accommodation gets snapped up very quickly for this event.
As I'm resident in the UK, I'm prepared to investigate and 'bulk book' accommodation if necessary, and willing to coordinate things at this end, as long as those who intend to come let me know their requirements in plenty of time.
It might even be possible to arrange a 'private' enclosure at DX, depending on numbers and, of course, the cost, although this tends to be part of the 'Silver' and 'Gold' packages nowadays, rather than individual 'V.I.P.' type marquees.

Unless something changes, I will be sitting this one out, forced to watch from the sidelines I'm afraid. Mother Superior is wanting to visit the land of her ancestors so I best brush up on my conversational Italian. I know all the swear words and stuff and can tell people I am hungry and thirsty but that may be about it.

Jeff

Fourteen months to go, so getting close to needing to plan.
Those wanting to us the camp site (I know Glenn was interested), could you please let me know if you still want to do this, preferably by Friday of next week - provisionally, of course.
I'll be at the campsite over the air show weekend at Duxford, and I'll check with Tony, the manager, to see if there are any hire facilities, or maybe a caravan or two to rent. There's been a lot of changes on site apparently, so I'll need to find out how this might effect things for next year.
Those who are seriously considering coming over, again let me know your provisional requirements, and I'll check out hotel and B&B accommodation and prices, bearing in mind booking will probably need to be done around a year in advance. However, there are a couple of places a little further away from DX (and cheaper!), so it might be possible to arrange a mini bus for transport to the field.

Don't think the date is permanently fixed yet Andy, but it's always the same weekend, so it should be on 8th and 9th of July next year.
I'll see if I can get more info when I'm at DX next weekend.
Might be a good idea if we can all get in to the Holiday Inn Express at Whittlesford, even if some of us from the UK only stay there for one night, then we can go across the road to the pub for a ... er ... social gathering.
Alternatively, of course, taxi or minibus can be arranged to transport those staying there, to the campsite for a BBQ and more Speckled Hen !

Yep, I understand.
The BoB show was a IWM organised event, and I think the date was changed to avoid a clash with other BoB events.
'Legends' is organised and run by The Fighter Collection, and although it is possible that dates might change, I don't think they've ever done so when TFC have organised an event.
As I mentioned, I'll see what I can find out on the weekend - maybe call in to the TFC office. If they're unable to help at this stage, I would think they'll know by this year's event in July.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back