Members Airshow meet, 'Flying Legends' 2017

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

OK Glenn, no problem, and thanks for letting me know.
The Holiday Inn Express is a good idea, especially if a family is coming over, and it'll be great if most forum visitors are able to stay there.
There's a good pub across the road, once used by air and ground crews form DX, and the location is very convenient for the airfield, being within reasonable walking distance, although there's a taxi company nearby if transport is required.
It's also right next to the rail station, so handy if a trip into London (or elsewhere) is included in anyone's plans.
Of course, like most places, the room rates are higher on airshow weekends, but it's still less expensive than staying in London or the city of Cambridge.
One thing I forgot to mention - the show ticket prices might be slightly better for a 'Group Booking', given the numbers are right, but of course this would be dependent on who and how many are going and when, ie both days, or one day, and so on.

Yea, it's always the second weekend in July, which, next year, will be the 8th and 9th, but I'll see if I can confirm this with TFC.

And yes Karl, we'll also have to increase stocks of Speckled Hen !!

Great stuff Chris.
If enough people can go, and they can confirm requirements, I can get in touch with the Holiday Inn Express, and see if a discount can be arranged for a 'block booking'.
It should also be possible to arrange a mini bus to transport the party from the hotel to DX and back.

Just received the official poster. Dates are 8&9 July 2017. Going to Ireland but would love to make a side trip.

Attachments

• Flying-Legends-2017.jpg
    Flying-Legends-2017.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 37
Nice !

It's only SIX Months away !
Sounds like a long time, but it'll come around quickly, and hotel bookings etc need to be made well in advance, otherwise you'll be staying in a hotel miles from Duxford !
Get Christmas out of the way, and those intending to go to Legends ought to start making arrangements.
Reply here if you are going, or hope to go.

Booked the weekend pass for 4 (son, daughter, wife and me). No rooms in Dux for 4 people over the weekend so staying in Cambridge. Holiday Inn Express in Duxford has only one night available for that weekend.

Great stuff Andy, and thanks for the up-date re Holiday Inn.
Maybe I can build an extension onto the 'Tin Tent', and charge a 'mates rate' for rooms ...............

If it were just me, I'd consider it!

Bought 4 weekend passes to the show with no frills. We will be staying 3 nights in central Cambridge a short walk from the railway station, checking out on the 10th. I understand there's a direct bus from there to the airfield on airshow days and will look into that next.

An evening at the Eagle Pub will no doubt be on the agenda.

Sounds good Andy, and yes, there's a free 'shuttle bus' from the station to the main entrance door in Air and Space operating on air show days.
Hopefully, when we know who's going, we can arrange a 'social event' for one of the evenings, either with a BBQ at the same camp site you visited last year, or in a pub somewhere, given that convenient transport can be managed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back