Members Airshow meet, 'Flying Legends' 2017

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hope she can make it. Josie is going hopefully. She has a new job, back at the University where she studied, so now has weekends off.

Andy, if you come back with us from the show on Sunday, could you get a taxi back to the hotel, or maybe to Royston rail station?
Karl and I could go to the show in the 'Tin Tent', so there's be room to take two more passengers if I swing the seats around - means two trips, but not a problem.
No doubt we can arrange things nearer the time.

Show is coming up quickly - only 3 weeks away! Our itinerary is

Arrive Cambridge Friday afternoon 7 July.
Saturday 8 July Airshow
Sunday 9 July Airshow and possibly BBQ.
Monday 10 July, Lunch at the Eagle Cambridge. Depart for London by rail in afternoon.
Leave London July 16.

Me too.
Maybe we can arrange something for a 'barbie' for Sunday evening, when I've 'sussed out' the new site, and hopefully, if it can be done, Gary (Geedee) can make it too.
If not, then we'll have some sort of a 'get to geather' - surely .........

I'll be prepard to chip in for the food Karl. If there's the 4 of us in my family, that's a lot!

Checked on the rail schedules and there are plenty of trains from Royston up to midnight so will iikely arrange a cab pickup to Royston like last time.

I'll be prepard to chip in for the food Karl. If there's the 4 of us in my family, that's a lot!

Checked on the rail schedules and there are plenty of trains from Royston up to midnight so will iikely arrange a cab pickup to Royston like last time.
I am going to talk to my butcher at work and see what they can do for me, can always threaten to take my business elsewhere :lol:

I wont threaten them really but i should get some stuff from them, i will prep it all and freeze it so it lasts untill sunday night.

Wonder if i can fit one of the works gas BBQ'S in the car ?

Andy, as our normal camp site is no longer operating, we're staying at Highfields Farm camp site at Comberton, about 3 miles west of Cambridge. It might be easier to arrange a taxi from Cambridge, rather than get a train from Royston.

OK that will make a difference and may actually work out to be more convenient. Thanks for the info Terry. So we'll probably take our shuttle bus back to our hotel., freshen up, then take a cab out to the site and back again later.

Have a great time one and all. Wish I was joining you but I have a busy show sked here and there is only so much money to go around and so much Mother Superior is willing to allow. Blue skies and safe flying!

A most wonderful day has now concluded with a meet up with friends Terry and Karl at today's air show at Duxford. Gary (Geedee) dropped by as well and I was glad that our paths crossed before we parted again after a quick hello.

Terry's camper van became our mobile staging area/beer cooler and Karl prepared an excellent barbeque after the show which we will never forget. Great hospitality all around guys and thanks so much for a great day!

Though P51 "Miss Velma" had an unfortunate accident at the very end of the show, thankfully the pilot was reported to be OK and the rest of the show lived up to all expectations. A thread with pics will no doubt start very soon and I hope to be able to contribute a few shots over the next few weeks, though it may be after I return home in a week but before I get a chance to weed through the 3000+ pics that I took.

Thanks to Terry and Karl for their wonderful hospitality. The food and the stories will be remembered for years to come!

It was great to see you again Andy, and especially with the family.
The show was good, the company great, and you don't need to thank us for anything - thanks to you and the family for making the trip - but that Canadian beer sure has after effects !

And for all you other forum members - get yer Rs in gear and have a meet-up - but bring a shed load of hangover cures !!!

Pics of the show (and some of the social aspects !) to follow in a separate thread very soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back