Member's Mustang Thread.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

if I hit the half a billion lottery you can count on it! until then its 2200...you know its worth every penny...and I know in this economy how hard it is to spend the money but its buying a memory.

jim

I don't know if its just a local thing but it might not hurt to keep your eye skinned on PBS , the Buffalo and Detroit PBS have played both The Horsemen Cometh and Gathering of Mustangs both were hour long productions and featured some awesome photography. Enjoyed thee Horseman as it featured the Vintage Wings P51 in RCAF colours
Certainly beat American Idol

They had the "Horsemen Cometh" just a few weeks ago down here on PBS. I loved it!!

Just a few from the road.

jim

bDSC_8592.jpg

bDSC_8603.jpg

vlcsnap-2012-04-13-23h55m19s158.png

vlcsnap-2012-04-13-23h48m51s115.png

last but not least had the honor of taking Ryan for a flight in BJ, he brought me in to the Collings world 9 years ago.

Great stuff Jim.
BTW Bob Hoovers yellow tail is the reason Merlin's Magic has a yellow rudder.
Stu had the rudder trim tab blow off years ago at Reno. That was the year Bob taxied into a pickup truck on the ramp. Taxiing off the runway past the grandstand. He failed to zig and zag..... right up the nose of the truck towing a plane. They called it the Hoover Matic. Looked like a bread slicer got after it. Non the less, Bob offered his rudder to Stu so he could keep racing. When he had the rudder rebuilt, it's yellow in honor of BH. He finished the weekend with half the green lettering of each side on the yellow. So don't forget to taxi like a drunkin sailor!

Great stuff. That first shot, from the B-24 waist window, could easily be mistaken for East Anglia - if the P-51 was in 8th AF colours.

We spent the weekend in Scottsdale and a couple of us went to Chandler and Falcon Field to see the CAF displays. Sentimental Journey is looking great and they have a fantastic facility at Falcon.

jim

DSC_8996.jpg

DSC_8997.jpg

DSC_9073.jpg

DSC_9076.jpg

DSC_9087.jpg

DSC_9119.jpg

Thanks! unfortunately we are not going to Reading this year, Fortuna instead...yay fog! maybe next year. Here are a couple more worth posting. FUN stuff!!

jim

DSC00016.jpg

so thats what the mirror is for!
DSC00117.jpg

Great pair!
DSC00119.jpg

DSC00120.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back