Mustang Mania

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Jeff Hunt

1st Lieutenant
Jul 20, 2012
Guelph Ontario Canada
Over the years I have managed to coral a number of Mustangs and each year the stable grows in size. I am currently just short of 150 different Mustang colour schemes so for the next little while I will add one Stang per day ( when I am home ). Some of these you may have seen before. In some cases the airframes will be repeats but the paint will be different. Hope you do not mind seeing Mustangs followed by more Mustangs!

Most pics are of Mustangs in the great outdoors but there are a couple of Museum birds that don't get to feel the breeze and sunshine.

I have a file on the computer and the Mustangs are listed in alphabetical/numerical order so that is how they will appear here as well.

Lets get started.

9298.JPG

This airframe is located at the National Air Museum located just outside of Ottawa Ontario. She is done in 442 Squadron RCAF colours.

Cheers

Jeff

Last edited:
C-FFUZ.JPG

CF-FUZ

Late 70s or early 80 at Hamilton Ontario. This Mustang was owned by Gary McCann of Stratford Ontario and was a common sight across southern Ontario making annual appearances at the Canadian Warplane Heritage annual airshow. She now flies as a blue nose ship named Queen of Hearts and is registered as N4034S. Scan from photo.

Cheers

Jeff

C-GJCJ.JPG

C-GlCJ

Late 1970s at Hamilton Ontario. This Mustang was owned by Jerry Janes at the time the photo was taken and was later owned by David Price. IIRC this is the only time I ever saw this Mustang and this is the only photo I have of it. Back in the day of film, one had to be much more " frugal" with how many pictures one took of any one aircraft.

Cheers

Jeff

C-GPSI.JPG

C-GPSI

Owned by Richie Rasmussen of Edmonton when I caught her sitting on the ramp at Hamilton Ontario in the early 1980s. Another airframe I have only seen the one time. In 1988 it was bought by Ken McBride of Hollister California and , as far as I can determine, is still owned by him. It is currently in storage and has been registered as N151KM since McBride bought the aircraft. There is no mention anywhere of a colour scheme change so it may still be adorned in these awesome post war RCAF colours.

Cheers

Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back