Micro Build, 1/285 scale Ki-27

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

My fault, I did not train long enough for the event. Some numbness in the finger tips still. I'll return with a vengence
Jim, pics of the F-1 would be appreciated
Of the goodies that I have made the masters, which ones do you have?

George,

I'm waiting on a new printer...Once it comes in, I'll post some pix of my attempt to model the Mirage F-1. I have the F-8 Crusader and the A-4 Skyhawk. Picked them up off of eBay. Wonderful models...Been waiting for your A-6 Intruder. Hopefully sometime soon.

Here are some of the Gustavs that I sculpted vs some Mustangs sculpted by my pal Mark at Raiden Miniatures
I have been painting several terrain mats and and have been making new aircraft stands. I have lots more work to bring the forest areas to life.

013.JPG

014.JPG

015.JPG

016.JPG

017.JPG

the mad sculptor at work. seen here making flight stands. bite your finger tip. actually bite all your finger tips....this is what I am feeling

018.JPG

019.JPG

Jim,
You can get the planes from Dave at I-94 Enterprises, he is the US Importer
I have a pretty good start on the A-6 but it needs some more work.

Last edited:
010.JPG

011.JPG

012.JPG

The hexes are 2.5" across flats. The stand hex is shower tile cut from a sheet. Small circle is a thumb tack glued point up (colored cover removed).
Vertical shaft is Aluminum tube. Alligator clips are from Radio shack, 8 per pack. I run a 1/16 diameter rod up into the clip, secure it with CA, leave 1/2 below free of the red or black end, fits nicely into the tube.

this stand design seems to work well. Can pose the planes to reflect most flight situations.
in the last pic, the Mustang is inverted and belching white smoke

Last edited:
Coolt stuff George! Like the flight stands. Would love to see a close up of them.

I got my printer and scaled some drawing. I actually got brave and attempted to do a J39 Gripen. Think I bit off more then I could chew with it. I started of ok but, I think I got into too much of a hurry with it. I think it's still salvageable, I've set it to the side for right now. Attempting the Mirage F-1 in 1/200 scale. So far so good. As with the J39, I'm havin a slight issue with the layering of the Styrene. All I have is .020 sheets at the moment. Takes several strips of the .020 just to get a little bit of depth to the model. I'll post some pix of both in the next few days.

I read the I-94 is going to be casting from Raidens masters. That is cool for us n the states. Hopefully cheaper with more
availability, in a quicker time. Been holding off placing an order. Waiting for the F-105 and the A-6, which I'm really looking forward too.

Jim,
I had a long chat with Dave Winfree from I-94. True.
I understand my Su-15 is finally being prepared for casting.
I use .030 for the center including the tail, second layer is often .030, sometimes the third layer too
hint: Use some scrap to do a mock-up of the canopy width, laminate to there. Afterwards your laminations do not include that area. Also do this for max width of engine ducts.....plan your build, work your plan!
stay after me re A-6

Consider something with a circular cross section. I will take some pics of the MiG-21MF I built around a few pieces of Aluminum tube

Thanks for the tips George, will be VERY HELPFUL for my next build. Here's a shot of what I've done so far. I guess it's not too bad for my first try ever at scratch building.

I try to update as I get further into the build.

Jim

IMG_9572.jpg

You are on the right track here!
Now think 3-D and get to shaping that block!

The MiG-21F-13 is in production. Shown with the MiG-21MF (currently here still) and the F-105 (in the UK, to be cast by Mark ???)

Raiden1.jpg

Glad to hear I'm headin in the right direction. I've already noticed my nose cone isn't lobg enough. Easy enough fix though.Like the Mig-21MF and who can not like the old Thud! Is the F-105 going to have bombs with it at all?

the F-105 has drop tanks so far. while I did a pretty fair job on the missiles for the early MiG-21, I have not been able to make good MER with bombs for the Thud
need to do this for the A-6 also

I found this old curved 3-sided file...it kicks arse

The other day I looked at the Raiden miniatures website. Looked good, however where they listed the Hawker Hurricane model had a picture of a Spitfire!!!!
Sacrilege so I sent Paul and e-mail pointing it out. I received a nice reply saying that he had looked and corrected the error.
Nice bloke.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back