MiG 15 bis Trumpeter 1:32 "desaster-kit"

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Looks great! It sure looks like an awful kit though. I don't think I'll build another Trumpeter after I finish the Franklin. They're not cheap at all and the Corsair certainly was not worth the $75 I paid! When you can still get Hasegawas for less than that, there's no contest.

Great work!

After rescribing and applying a filler coat I painted the nose red with "Schminke" acrylics. Then came a first coat with Revell aqua alluminium. When dry i changed the shade of the alu-paint with some drops of black and blue for different panels. The revellcolor withstands light taping without flaws. I descovered this when I painted the Wheelwells after the metallic coat. At last came a clear coat with future I aquired from a befriended GI years ago (thanks Bradley).

Now it was time for the decals. I had none for a northkorean MiG. However I had promised to finish the model for a modelshow in former Eastgermany namely the isle of "Rügen" in the "Ostsee" face to Southsweden. So I used the chinese decals for the moment well aware changing the decals would mean some new sanding and spraying.

Desaster struck the MiG when one "Letraset 45" (the last one I had) ended beyond repair on my finger. There was a surplus blue 25 however. The Revell color behaved well when I sanded the remains of the 45 away and it was no problem to repair the paint. Now my MiG was ready for her first comingout. During the show I broke the antenna wire and mast. I made a new mast but discarded the wire because the next crash was obvious.

The wheels are a nightmare for themselves but I had long lost affection to this Trumpeter trash so I used them unchanged.
I was unable to get hands on northkorean decals so at last I made my own ones with the PC an printed them on Inkjet decalpaper.

The decalyng produces a fake MiG which for sure never existed in real but helas who knows?

Two more pictures of the bird:

Users who are viewing this thread