Migrant's stringy-things: added DH Dragon Rapide

Migrant

Senior Airman
318
59
Joined
Aug 7, 2008
Location
Calgary AB
Inspired by T-Bolt's excellent biplane thread, here's a selection of my own wire-braced subjects. First up is Gavia's 1/48 Bristol Scout 'C'.

Scout02_s.jpg

Scout04_s.jpg

Scout05_s.jpg

BristolScout01.jpg
 
Last edited:
Very nice Migrant! I really should rig mine, It makes a difference!
 
Beauty! I really like the 'show through' effect of the upper wing roundel - sorry, cockade - the term roundel hadn't been coined then!
 
WOW!!! He takes Stupendous photos and builds spectacular models!!:shock: What's next!:shock: Very nice build Migrant.:thumbright:
 
Yes, the see-through effect is very realistic for that era. How did you achieve it? VERY NICE BUILD. Also, what did you use for rigging?

Thanks guys. A pale version of the markings and ribs were painted on the underside of the top wing:-
Scout07_s.jpg


On this model I used monofilament (fishing line) for the rigging.
 
Excellent. So what did you use for the rigging? :)
 
This is Eduard's 1/48 Airco DH-2. Lovely little kit, it's the Profipak version so came with all the photo-etch etc. The main modification I made was to replace the booms with carbon-fibre rods, as I thought the delcately-moulded plastic parts would probably start to bend with the weight. Rigging was... interesting, I used a combination of fishing line, ceramic fiber and heat-stretched sprue.

030_Finished.jpg

033_Two.jpg

034_Finished.jpg
 
Wow! Very impressive work. :thumbleft:
 
The DH-2................:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back