Migrant's stringy-things: added DH Dragon Rapide

Awesome!
 
Man...that looks great!:D
 
Wow! Migrant, your Bristol Scout is GORGEOUS and your DH2 is UNBELIEVABLE!! Did you pre-paint the ribs and then spray the main color over, or what? Although I build WWI in 1/72, I'd love to be your acolyte when it comes to making stringy things. Thanks for the inspiration, sire.
 
As others have said, your DH-2 is a work of art! I particulary like your Ki-10, fantastic builds mate :smile:
Have you tried any of the Wingnutz models? Every one seems to rave about them.
 
I love the DH-2, always 1 of my favourite aircraft. It fought some hellish battles with the Fokker E.1
 
It's been a while since I updated this. Here's the Airfix 1/72 Albatros D.Va with some corrections, home made decals and details added.

800_0075.jpg

800_0089.jpg

800_0092.jpg

800_0093.jpg
 
That's gorgeous Mike!:notworthy: :cool: Do you paint the wood grain on?
 
Great work once again Mike. You didn't happen to make it to the Edmonton show a couple of weeks back did you? Didn't see you there.

I had to recheck my photo archive as I thought maybe this Albatross of yours was one of the ones I saw there but confirmed I did not see it.
 
Excellent work Mike!
 
Thanks for your comments

That's gorgeous Mike!:notworthy: :cool: Do you paint the wood grain on?

I did Aaron, it's just heavily thinned brown acrylic dry-brushed over a cream-coloured base.

1/72??????????????????? Holy <Bleep!>

Your rigging on the 1/48 scale was amazing, this one however is :notworthy:

I have to ask, what did you use for the rigging in this scale?

Cheers VB, I used stretched vinyl sprue, the kind that tank tracks come on; when stretched it maintains its elasticity.
 
Now that's a rippa! :D
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back