Modelling Tools and Equipment.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I kind of stumbled onto the storage idea a few years back, when I was assembling a 3-D printed Star Wars E-11 blaster (which is sort of modelling, right?) and needed to separate the various small bits.

Since then, the containers have been used for all sorts of things.

And did I mention that the breakfast comes with bacon?
So yes, I keep getting more of them! :lol:

Got this idea from you Bill, works well.

DSCN0491.JPG

:thumbright::D

My next tidbit!
CA setup.jpg

I use my diabetes viles for keeping my CA UPRIGHT!
I find this keeps the contents from clogging the tip',
I have both Thin and Gel CA. One is a buck, the
others are Go-rillla!
Wire inna stick for applying the CA in drops only.
The clay, that never dries, I make a dimple and fill
with some CA then dip the wire end to pickup
and apply. When the CA dries I just pluck it out
of the clay and discard. Reshape the clay when
needed.
Zip Kicker, I apply with the same wire, therefore, 2 wire sticks.

I keep CA glues upright too Bill, but the liquid type especially still seem to glue their own tips and/or caps on, despite careful use. Annoying, and a waste of glue...

I keep the CA upright and like Bill have a trough to pour it in which I clean out at the end of the day. I also give the CA nozzle a good wipe quick with a tissue (go slow and it will stick) and make sure the spout is also clear and clean before replacing the cap. Even with this method on still seems to get a build-up of cured CA around the spout and this from time to time will need hacking off. :thumbright: :lol:

CA adhesive keeps better if refrigerated. Mine, used on balsa models, comes out for the job & goes back in. Additional spouts for the bottles are available however the spout eventually glues to the bottle. Cure speed (slower than with accel set) can be helped by your breath. Warm moist air will speed a slow set without the accelerator.

CA adhesive keeps better if refrigerated. Mine, used on balsa models, comes out for the job & goes back in. Additional spouts for the bottles are available however the spout eventually glues to the bottle. Cure speed (slower than with accel set) can be helped by your breath. Warm moist air will speed a slow set without the accelerator.
Yes, i often breathe onnit like fogging glasses to clean them, works pretty much the same as Kicker.

If anyone recalls I suggested the old granny type hair thingies.
If the tips are bent the will reach over stuff. The box is 100 pieces,
so I have some with one leg cut off, some cut down to about 10mm.
Not much of a sacrifice from 100 pieces!!!! 👍
claws.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back