Mold owner?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Ralph Haus

Tech Sergeant
Jul 24, 2016
Leander Texas
A question for those that have a greater knowledge then I. I Just saw where Eduard will be releasing a new dual kit (1/72), Bf 109G-6 & Bf 109G-14 Gustav Pt.2 Limited - Dual Combo; 2024 release. Looking up the kit in (2145) Scalemates it is listed as releasing under 'New Parts'. Looking at the history it looks like the New Tool was a Special Hobby one? This 'plastic' appears to have been released by both SH and Eduard in various packages since. Who created the tooling" Eduard or Special Hobby? My reason for asking is, I have 'attempted' some SH kits in the past and has been disappointing. My experiences with Eduard have been mostly positive. I would not want to purchase an Eduard's kit and wind up with SH hobby molding quality.

eduard 2145 2.jpg
Eduard 2145 1.jpg

Same as the SM.79 I purchased. Eduard PE and resin with SH moulds. Using SM is the best way I know of for tracing the linage of a kit. I try and check anything coming from Eduard as they have a long history of repoping others moulds. I knew aforementioned SM.79 was SH before I purchased.

Same as the SM.79 I purchased. Eduard PE and resin with SH moulds. Using SM is the best way I know of for tracing the linage of a kit. I try and check anything coming from Eduard as they have a long history of repoping others moulds. I knew aforementioned SM.79 was SH before I purchased.
Do you think that Eduard ( I hope ) does a quality inspection on the moulds, and output before they put their 'stamp' on it and box under their name? Or has SH come along in their quality?

Do you think that Eduard ( I hope ) does a quality inspection on the moulds, and output before they put their 'stamp' on it and box under their name? Or has SH come along in their quality?
Shots look good on this kit. Remember SH is a limited run company and as such you should expect a little headache. Like Grand Phoenix, short run unusual subjects. But that being said the SM.79 looked pretty clean in the shots department. I have their AH-1G in 1/32 and it looks pretty good as well. Looks are one thing, building is another.

According to the Scalemates time line for the 1/72 scale 2145 kit , it doesn't base on the SH kit but on the Eduard 2142 new tool one. Also the same is with the Eduard 2143 and 2144 that got the new parts for the correct varinats of the Bf 109G. So the Gustav kit series has nothing in common with the SH kits. As far as I know the Eduard 1/72 scale models are their resized down 1/48 ones. The SH models that were designed with the Eduard togehter are for the Emil series. Therefore both the SH and Eduard offer the same Emil sprues although with different addtional parts and markings for their own sets.

Ouch! Maybe better responding in Polish?

I'm afraid you would have more troubles with the Polish responding than with my replay above. And there you have the spell checker at least. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back