Most Beautiful Aircraft

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

s6b.gif

mine is this - the supermaine Sb.6

No idea, but one thing for sure, she wouldn't have gone nearly as far!!

But even with half the range it would reach nearly 1,500 miles! And even if 1/3 the range it would dtill have the longest range of any RAF fighter (at ~1000 mi) until the Beau and Mossie...

Actually I meant the superficial resemlance to the Me 262...
Oh sure, make me look like an idiot ( ;) just kidding. I take care of that just fine, all by myself. :lol: ).

kool kitty89 said:
...the DH.88 was realy crap in aerobatics/agility? With the large conntrol surfaces and low wing loading it should have been at least decent, even if the long span and outboard enfines limited roll rate.

Yeah, I wouldn't expect the DH88 to have much in the way of aerobatics, since it was never designed for such things.

...however, that doesn't mean it couldn't be redesigned to be more useful as a military fighter-bomber.
As you said; more powerful engines, shorter wings, larger control surfaces, etc..

It could've easily been done. I think it would've worked wonderfully as an adjunct Mosquito, in that case.

Elvis

Yeah, she's a beauty.

On the topic of DH. a/c, how about the DH.91 de Havilland Albatross.

Probably the second-best looking prop transport/airliner ever built. (second only to the Constellation)

Attachments

• DH91Albatross2.jpg
    DH91Albatross2.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 137
  • dh91-3d.gif
    dh91-3d.gif
    21.9 KB · Views: 139
Mind you, on looks only, Spitfire, F4U Corsair, P-38 Lightning, F-14 Thomcat, and the Canberra. Honorable mention: B-25.
How's that for eclectic?!

What, no Thunderbolt... She may have been bulky, but those eliptical wings were beautiful (like the Spit's) and the overall airframe was very sleek. (if a bit large) The Tempest II was nice on the same lines, though a bit thinner in the middle, in fact the bubble-top P-47D's and M's used a copy of the Tempest's canopy, though the N's used a different, enlarged one... And don't forget the interior, the P-47 was one of the most comfortable fighters to fly in, with fully padded seat, A.C. and heat.

Granted the Planes you mentioned are on the top too, all our own oppinions of course. My particular fave of that list would have to be the P-38...

Yeah, she's a beauty.

On the topic of DH. a/c, how about the DH.91 de Havilland Albatross.

Probably the second-best looking prop transport/airliner ever built. (second only to the Constellation)
Nice.
Redminds me of a Lockheed Super Constellation.

Bowen01b.jpg

So which came first?

...and hey, since we're talking about D.H., how could anyone forget the first Jet Airliner - the DeHavilland Comet!

20177911.JPG

Beautiful plane, if I say so myself!

Elvis

I alwaystght the F2A was a cute little plane.

The Comet Airliner (noth the DH.88) is nice looking, probably one of the best looking jet airliners, I love the look of the mid-wing nacelles.

And what's that one magnocain posted? It looks kind of like a
squished F7U Cutlass.

Staggerwings are beautiful, reminds me of a Spartan!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back