Most Beautiful Aircraft

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

For WW I:I'd say the Spad 13
For WW II: The F4U Corsair
Korea: F-86 Sabre
Vietnam:F-4 Phantom
Modern: F/A-22 Raptor

pbfoot...

GA19G2.jpg

Next time you look up a Gulfhawk, try adding "IA" or "II" after it.
That's how I got this pic.

--------------------------------------

Kool Kitty,

I'd say you hit the nail on the head.
Looks like an F7U, to me...

741px-F7UCutlass.jpg

Elvis

pbfoot...

Kool Kitty,

I'd say you hit the nail on the head.
Looks like an F7U, to me...

741px-F7UCutlass.jpg

Elvis

The canopy in the first pic looked wierd to me (made the plane look smaller), but I guess they're the same... It looks odd sometimes if there's no size comparison or refrence.

Attachments

• 31211_1187033704.jpg
    31211_1187033704.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 176
  • warbirdz_10111.jpg
    warbirdz_10111.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 192
The gun placement looks alot better on the F7U-1 near the nose then on the later versions close to the intakes. The near intake muntibgs caused injestion of the propellant into the engines, I wonder why they noved them from the F7U-1 placement...

That makes sence, still you'd think there could be a better place for the guns.

The engine nacelles also seem to have changed on the later model...

Well I really like the German birds but if I was to pick acouple that I really like,
P51, FW190, Me109 and the Supermarine Spitfire.

Salute Wolf

Attachments

• dora9.jpg
    dora9.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 166
I like the longer nose and fusalage of the 190D/Ta-152, but the sid-mounted scoop on the nose ruins the smmetry and sleek look of the nose imo, which is why prefer the looks of the Fw-190A series, plus the A's cowling looks nicer.

And is that pic a real photo or a CGI? I've never seen a drop-tank like that on a 190...

KK,

I was wondering that myself. I think its CGI.
The nose looks a little "wierd", too. Although I'm not sure why.

I still like the FFVS J22.
This is a "B" model...

113J22_113-1358.jpg

Man, that thing's sittin' on the ground and it looks like its going 300mph!

Elvis

Most beautiful WW2 plane? There's no question about it. Bristol Beaufighter. It looks just like a Spitfire....only much bigger, with a bloated fuselage, 2 big radial engines, the nose chopped off.....oh, well, I like the looks of it, anyway. :lol:

I like the longer nose and fusalage of the 190D/Ta-152, but the sid-mounted scoop on the nose ruins the smmetry and sleek look of the nose imo, which is why prefer the looks of the Fw-190A series, plus the A's cowling looks nicer.

And is that pic a real photo or a CGI? I've never seen a drop-tank like that on a 190...

It's more likely a big RC Fw-190D.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back