Most Overrated aircraft of WWII.....?

The most over-rated aircraft of WW2

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Depends on the game genre and generation, but yes, they were "owned/pwned/rekt".

It just cracks me up how some folks can't see nuance. It's everywhere. No matter what field you're talking about, airplanes, weaponry -- good lord, even guitar-building --you're making tradeoffs to accomplish design aims. I suspect some folks are susceptible to "magic-bullet" thinking. It's like the old adage: "You can have quality, affordability, or versatility. Choose two."

Tanks, battleships, artillery, and small-arms all fall under that rubric. Oh, and fighter planes, too. All designs have trade-offs.

Okay, I'm a geezer. What is "pwned"?

It's a typo on "owned" that was memified a couple of decades ago as part of social-media English:

pwned
A corruption of the word "Owned." This originated in an online game called Warcraft, where a map designer misspelled "owned." When the computer beat a player, it was supposed to say, so-and-so "has been owned."

Instead, it said, so-and-so "has been pwned."

It basically means "to own" or to be dominated by an opponent or situation, especially by some god-like or computer-like force.
"Man, I rock at my job, but I still got a bad evaluation. I was pwned."

OR

"That team totally pwned us."

Urban Dictionary: pwned

You guys aren't going to believe this but I looked in the dictionary under "Geezer" and found:

Definition of geezer

1US, informal, humorous or mildly disparaging : an odd, eccentric, or unreasonable person (usually a man)especially : an old man
See examples

Thump.jpg
XBe.jpg

You guys aren't going to believe this but I looked in the dictionary under "Geezer" and found:

Definition of geezer

1US, informal, humorous or mildly disparaging : an odd, eccentric, or unreasonable person (usually a man)especially : an old man
See examples

View attachment 622319 View attachment 622320
Funny how things change. From Jonny Reggae by the Piglets
What's he like
Mavis ?
He's a real
tasty geezer.

He's grown his hair a bit
but it's smooth not too long
an' he wears a besball shirt
with a number seventeen on

he looks great in his big white