"Move and you are DEAD!!" : Give this guy a medal (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Awfully short time span between him leaving his home and his first yelling, "Move and your dead". Sounds like his neighbor and he must have shared pretty close living quarters.

That would add an interesting aspect, if they live so close that he felt physically threatened by them being in his neighbor's place.

What makes me angry is that these goblins performed their deed and it resulted in a law abiding citizen having to make a decision that will affect the rest of his life, irrespective of the legal implications. If they had not robbed this house, this innocent man would still be watching Opera, drinking tea, twiddling his thumbs or whatever. Its not his fault dammit.

I just wanted to add my 2 cents. I grew up in the city where this happened. Yes it is a red neck area. In Texas, one can use deadly force to protect personal property even when you are not the property owner.

If I remember correctly from the local news report, the two people were in the process of carrying off a large screen tv. Both of these guys had a criminal record. There had been several break ins in the area. The home owner asked his neighbor to keep an eye on his place while he was away. The local news said that when the man approached the thieves, instead for stopping the the thieves started advancing toward him. The man shot one of them and then shot the second one as he started running. You can tell that things happened fast from the sounds on the tape. The homeowner may not have had time to not shoot the man that turned and ran.

I do not know how many times 911 was called but were I live, it can take hours to get a unit to responded. I called dispatch in the middle of the night, there were a couple of men fighting with pipes in the front yard and one of them had a hand gun. I told dispatch that I was loading the mini-14 and they better send someone out to the house. They are trained to tell you not to do anything. I told dispatched if they started shooting in my front yard, I am taking them both out. It still took law enforcement 30 mins to arrive and by then they had left the area. The police received at lease 5 calls about the distrubance. After the police had finished taking everyone's statement, one of the cars described drove back by the house. The police questioned the people and then let them go because they were minors.

Around here there is a major shortage of law inforcement. A person has to be willing to protect himself. I cannot say if he did the right thing or not because I was not there. To bad two people were killed but that is the chance they took by being thieves.

An acitivist from Houston tried to make this a race issue. He went to the press about a big protest he was having at the site. The local residents showed up in force and would not let the protestors speak and have their press conference. The protestor showed up later with more people and by that time several people from the city and arrived for there own protest. A couple of fights broke out and the police came in. The protestors from out of town were run off. It appears that this area was having a crime problem the the locals had to take care of themselves.

DBII

Hi DBII,

>In Texas, one can use deadly force to protect personal property even when you are not the property owner.

Oh well, you can - legally - do that in Germany too. However, here you have to observe the principle of proportionality, meaning that the force you exert has to be limited with a view on the damage that is done by the people you are defending against.

The level of potential damage that justifies the use of lethal force is seen as fairly high by the German jurisdiction. I'd expect that Texan to be found as having exceeded the legal restrictions if he'd be judged by German law.

In fact, if my impression is correct that he announced "I'll kill them!" unconditionally to the operator (I might be wrong), I think might even be a chance that he'd be charged with (or sentenced for) murder instead of man slaughter as it could be concluded that he planned to use lethal force regardless of its requirement.

Not that I'm an expert ... and of course, I don't have a clear picture what happened that night.

Regards,

Henning (HoHun)

Latest update. An plan clothes officer arrived on the scene in time to witness the shooting. No information about his statement has been released. In addition, the police have determined that the two thieves are members of a local crime ring. In addition to being involed with several break ins, they were in the country illegally from Columbia. They were also providing forged documents to people here illegally.

DBII

DBII

I'm with Sys and Matt on this.

If more citizens reacted this way there wouldn't be scumbags to do this.

Screw the dynamics of the situation. Make him a Mayor and Chief of Police. Then see how safe it would be.

And somehow I knew they were illegal aliens. Just a hunch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back