"Move and you are DEAD!!" : Give this guy a medal (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I saw this. I believe a new law in Texas will allow him to go free if his neighbor asked him to watch his things... I think it's wrong, they posed no threat to him and as the operator said there is no property worth killing over. We have weird laws here.

I'm almost seeing some sympathy towards the bad guys. Lets remember they initiated the whole thing by being scumbags and breaking into someone's home, you know, one's castle. They started the whole sequence of events. If those dumb shits had any decent thought in their heads they would not of done what they did. They paid the ultimate price..

While the situation is certainly disturbing, when you read all of our responses from beginning to end, it is rather amazing that we to a great extent are sympathizing with two goblins who at a minimimum had past convictions, were in the act of entering and leaving a neighbors home, stealing said neighbors life energy and this good citizen was being instructed to not even disturb these goblins while committing these activities.

We have become a nation of sheep. And there are too few sheepdogs.

God help us.

Funny...

I don't see ANY sympathizing...

big difference between sympathizing and running outta the house with a loaded shot gun killing a couple guys.

As far as I could figure, his neighbour wasn't at home. He himself was in no danger. He just ran out of the house with his gun as if he was John Wayne although told by the offical not to do it. He obvously eager to test his little shotgun toy. The shouted "Move and you are dead" like a real Hollywood actor and then shot twice.

Marcel: I just saw the Youtube thing. I don't know about the law in Texas,
but in Virginia Mr. Horn would be in serious do-doo. After repeatedly being
told by the police dispatcher (in Va. dispatchers are mostly female but have
full police/arrest powers) to stay in his home and not go outside. From what
I heard and saw, no one's life was in danger. He just shot and killed two
men who, if apprehended, might have gotten five years for breaking
entering. It will be interesting to see what the glorious state of Texas
(all bow your heads, please) does. Talk about a redneck !!

I think he took two lives needlessly.... and I thought I heard three shots ??

Charles

That's what I mean though Comiso. It sounds like your statement sympathizes with the "couple guys". If you had said "big difference between sympathizing and running outta the house with a loaded shot gun removing two scumbag thieves/robbers/burglars", that would be different.

And I don't want to hear about any "alleged" bull$hit. We all know those guys were guilty as the day is long. If they were local choirboys returning donations for a blind pygmie orphanage in Belize back to the neighborhood pastor, then our shotgun toting individual is in deep kimchee. But you know that's not the case as well as I do. So lets call it what it is. That is my point.

That's what I mean though Comiso. It sounds like your statement sympathizes with the "couple guys". If you had said "big difference between sympathizing and running outta the house with a loaded shot gun removing two scumbag thieves/robbers/burglars", that would be different.

So I'm a lazy typist for not using more colorful adjectives...

This will give you some insight:

My automotive anti-theft device -
Take one joint rolled in cyanide
leave it in your car ash tray so it is visible
Leave keys in ignition
get plastic seat covers

Some jerk-off steals the car, smokes the joint and dies

Another:
I used to shoot competition using iron sites and a M-1 Garand at 600 yards. I'd love to be on shopping mall security duty in a tower waiting to spatter the skull of any offender with my .270. (signs would be posted of coarse!)

But I still think its wrong to run out of your house administering lethal force.

I'm almost seeing some sympathy towards the bad guys. Lets remember they initiated the whole thing by being scumbags and breaking into someone's home, you know, one's castle. They started the whole sequence of events. If those dumb shits had any decent thought in their heads they would not of done what they did. They paid the ultimate price..

No sympathy for them here. I'm not sad that they died, it's the risk they were taking. But what this guy did wa not very bright IMO. He should have waited for the police and handle things as they were already on their way. Now he will be a killer forever, only because of the few dollar these guys took. He was lucky on one hand, that these guys really were criminals, he could ahve easily shot inocent people. Holywood...

These guys were definitely doing something they shouldn't have been, but at worst it's a few hundred dollars, and I would much rather let them go then kill them even if they took it right under my nose. To take a human life is a serious thing and you'd need a good reason to do it. That being said, if they were in my house, you can bet I'd use lethal force to protect myself and my family, but not my things.

Well my things are bits of my life energy. I wouldn't kill a man over taking a piece of gum. But if he and his goblin buddies showed up, broke into my house, and were intent on taking something of which I had no indication... I'd shoot first and ask questions later.

Info...

The Make My Day law is represented in several states of the United States guaranteeing "absolute safety" for citizens within their own homes and property. Its origins are from Oklahoma, though it has been adopted in other states such as Colorado.

Under the law, citizens cannot be prosecuted for using deadly force against suspected threats to themselves in their houses and on their property - for example (and primarily), intruders. The origins of the law can be traced to a case of a break-in, involving Dr Frank Sommer from Oklahoma. After Sommer shot and killed an intruder, the law was passed within weeks. Advocates claim that the success of the law clearly demonstrates the use of self defense as a deterrent, and point out that the crime rates in Oklahoma for burglary fell from 58,333 in 1987 to 31,661 in 2000. Crime rates decreased nation-wide during that time interval, however, so comparison with the national crime rate would be needed to substantiate this claim.

One thing is for sure.

The scumbag burglers wont be commiting anymore crimes. I have no sympathy for these guys.

Just think how great things can be if the criminals fear the citizens.

If ever I move to the US, this is the first thing I'm gonna buy to defend my home.

;)

Attachments

• redneck.jpg
    redneck.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 162
I think it's a matter of putting things into perspective:
this guys were thieves and deserved to go to jail, not to the morgue.

Even if we want to accept the concept that a citizen can legitimately take ownership of enforcing the law on behalf of Police, Judge etc. there is no way and no justification (at least in a civilized society) that law punishment for burglary is capital death.

This is a case of 'excess of legitimate defense' and the guy who shot the thieves in the back should be prosecuted and jailed, unless it will be proved that he shot to defend his life (a bit unlikely looking at the vid and reading the conversation with the 911 operator)

If he wanted to stop them to run away he had many other options than shoot them point blank in the back: this for me is cold-blood homicide.

Okay - now imagine that the neighbor was in desperate need of money, so he had these guys come steal some stuff so he could rake in the insurance claim.
The thing is, our Constitution, the one many of us spent the best years of our young lives defending, guarantees due process under the law. Don't get me wrong, I am ready to smack a bad guy if I have to, and I carry a .45 for personal defense, but that doesn't give me or anybody else the right in America to be the instantaneous judge and executioner. Where would you draw the line?

Personally? I wouldn't realistically shoot them outright. Confront them yes. And then if I felt threatened, I would unleash.

And who says he shot them in the back? I didn't read that anywhere. For all we know they pulled a weapon on the poor dude or they made gestures that intimated a weapon.

They make it sound like he came over to his neighbor's property and shot them there with no prior threat to himself or his property. If they had, this would be justified but as it stands it seems he was a little too zealous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back