MPM 1/48 scale Heinkel He-177 Grief

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

mandoman

Airman 1st Class
Jan 29, 2006
corn contry USA
I think I originally commented on this build in the Reviews section, but I thought I'd show what I've done so far. You can also see my pics of this plane in My Albums, in WWII Models. In the more recent pics I have it in the base coat stage. I got nearly all of the little pieces attached, thanks to the help from my extremely steady handed son. This is a cool model, but I don't think I'm doing it justice.

He177b0001.JPG

He1770001.JPG

With all cool model and very nice kit mpm for me is a very good stamp

Good Lucky with this kit

LOL!! :lol:

Thanks guys. Where have I been? Building models, man. Sometimes it's just hard to get away from them. :)

I figure this plane is B-17 class in size. It IS huge, which makes it especially hard to handle for the small details. It's turning out better than I had first thought it would, though. :)

Last edited:
So, no bacon growing or breeding then?

Oh yeah, always plenty of pork, and bacon, and beef, and turkey, and several other types of livestock. :)

I was working on the decals for this model, and I thought they were going on really well......until I reached the large #54 that is suppose to go just below the cockpit. The first attempt was a bust, and I lost that decal. It just folded under as I tried to slide it off the backing, and then disintegrated as I tried to fix it. Thank goodness I got the second one off in good shape, but am now going to be missing the lost one on the other side. I've been searching the Internet for a replacement, but it looks like that's not going to happen any time soon.

Guess I've been doing some painting since I last posted. Here's where I'm at now.

HeinkelHE-177GriefND0001.JPG

HeinkelHE-177GriefND20001.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back