My first endavour into modelling

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

lol yep built and painted all in one day...and does anyone know where I can find some weathering tutorials???

Very nice work for a beginner! All I would add, is slow down a bit, then you can get to paint the tricky bits, and those that will be hard to reach later. As for the weathering, there will be some tips on sites such as Hyper Scale, but, leave that for a bit, until you get more used to building and painting. Weathering can be done, on vehicles, at almost any later date, and you don't want to run before you can walk!
Great work though, keep it coming!

Wayne the 1/48 tamiya Armour kits have a die-cast chassis for an added weight and over-all feel to the model and because i only just decided to paint it i couldn't get in between all the road wheels and all that, and the over all color is...uhm...sh*t i forgot the name of the paint but i remembered its number it is Humbrol Enamel Matt 24. And Les i was tossing backwards and forwards about adding the crewman but this being my first model I added them:oops: and there was surprisingly only like 4 transfers for the Wirbelwind (well 4 if you count the optional ones)

Well, looking forward to your next "mission", what will it be, another tank, aircraft...? Keep 'em coming buddy! 8) :D

I'm with Lucky, and I think you're doing a great job as a 'beginner', if you'll pardon the expression. Stick at it, join in with the rest of us and, above all, don't be afraid to ask questions, even if, to you, they seem 'dumb'. We all learn something new every day is a very true phrase, and it applies to those of us who have been 'at it' just as much as it does to those new to the hobby.

Wayne the 1/48 tamiya Armour kits have a die-cast chassis for an added weight and over-all feel to the model and because i only just decided to paint it i couldn't get in between all the road wheels and all that, and the over all color is...uhm...sh*t i forgot the name of the paint but i remembered its number it is Humbrol Enamel Matt 24. And Les i was tossing backwards and forwards about adding the crewman but this being my first model I added them:oops: and there was surprisingly only like 4 transfers for the Wirbelwind (well 4 if you count the optional ones)

No worries Scott, got a few of them myself, in fact I will slot in my Tamiya Tiger I next in "Wayne's Award Winning Models" thread so you can see how they look once you get some experience under your belt!:D

with Airframes here Wayne I'm looking forwards to seeing this Tiger, and Lucky mate I don't know what to go for next if I should keep going with armour have have a crack at aircraft, and I dont have a real large selection either our toy world here is pretty understocked:cry:

Yeah, I agree with Daniel here Scott.... If you can't dig it out locally, just order something online. Just go for whatever you feel comfortable with, another tank or aircraft, that's not important. Still a learning curve for you and you/we don't want to jump into the deep end of the pool get burned and fed up, like I did with my first Mosquito and the photo etch :oops:, was quick and bought another one and got busy again though, WITHOUT the etch....:lol:
As you see, I'm on that curve too....
Maybe if you have a favorite tank or aircraft, go for that....

How about that Me-262 for the GB we were talking about Mate?(Am I motivating you?)No pressure!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back