My First F3F Since 1964

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

You must have an awful lot of patience. I get so frustrated every time I try to build one of those. Nicely done model..

You must have an awful lot of patience. I get so frustrated every time I try to build one of those. Nicely done model..

The secret was I dedicated a section of a big table (4 ft by 10 ft section of porch roof left over from the hurricane rebuild) in my airplane hangar. I would work on a part of it, then stop to let the paint or glue dry and usually come back the next morning and do the next step. It took many days to do the whole thing, working less than an hour each session.

I just wish I had replaced the antenna post atop the tail with a little piece of aluminum; I used plastic and it kept breaking. I finally realized I could have made it of of a sliver of aircraft aluminum much easier, and it would not have broken; by that time it was too late.

Its still a beautifully crafted work of art and most appreciated. Your attention to detail is very evident. Good job!

Nice result
I did a 48th scale version of one flown off carriers by a Davidson pilot.
Testy little buggers to build.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back