My first model

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Today I started my first model the Spitfire Mk 2, and i think i got the hang of it. It a skill level of 2 so it wasnt to hard, but the leg wheels wouldnt stay straight.

Hi Spit !!!

What is the firm of the model? Send some pics of your model,please.There is a pic of my 1:72 scale Spitfire Mk.II from The Polish 303 squadron - spring 1941.The model is also one of the first Spitfires I've made so far.

Attachments

• Spitfire_MkIIa_3.JPG
    Spitfire_MkIIa_3.JPG
    21.4 KB · Views: 126
Hey nice model Wurger!... c'mon spit lets see some pics...

Have you solved the wheel leg problem? What is/was going wrong? Do you need some ideas to solve the 'staying straight' issue or have you nailed it?

ya i found a way how to fix the legs, i still need to paint it now tho.Imgoing to try to post some pics but my digital camera isnt working really but i could use my phone if anyone knows how to put it on but ill figure it out if no one knows how to. and that spit fire looks great, mine is in 1:48 i think.

Hi Pisis !!!
Thanks friend.Besides,I can see your Polish gets better,nice.:D

Since this whole topic is on first models, The Churchill in the following pictures is my first.

Attachments

• Churchill 1.jpg
    Churchill 1.jpg
    288.9 KB · Views: 92
  • Churchill 3.jpg
    Churchill 3.jpg
    480 KB · Views: 104
  • Churchill 2.jpg
    Churchill 2.jpg
    276.5 KB · Views: 97
Nice work Joe.I like it :),especially the soldier with no leg. But I think the painting of tanks should be much more dusty, or simply you should use matt enamels.But the diorame is really O.K

My first modell was a traditional F-5 Tiger made by Italeri 1/72 (when I was 8 years old), this moment I have +/- 150 modells, last modells bought: Tupolev SB-2 and Focke-Wulf Fw-200 Condor of Revell. My second collection are figures.

Bullo Loris

If you liked that diarama, you would love the one im making right now. I will take picture of it soon, its nearly finished. I need to get my camrera fixed first though.

Heres that diorama, with Russian Troops on it. I Am going to put a building where there is a large brown patch.

Attachments

• S8000271.JPG
    S8000271.JPG
    745.7 KB · Views: 103
I love seeing the very first models, there is nothing better =) I, too started modelling in late summer of last year and now I have around ten "finished" models.
It is actually very entertaining to watch how you get better and better with every few models, as the first ones are always reeeaaalll bad :') I too have had
most difficulties with wheels, as it is still pretty hard to get them stay right way while you are waiting for glue to dry.
Maybe I'll post some of my firsties later after pimping them at least a bit :')) Well, not really, just the way the first models usually are ^^

The worst things about modelling is wheels and tracks. Thats why I get Flames of war stuff, as the tracks are all one piece

Users who are viewing this thread

Back