MY GOD, ANOTHER ONE! (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

FLYBOYJ

"THE GREAT GAZOO"
Apr 9, 2005
Colorado, USA
Today a beautiful F-86 crashed in North Carolina today, it belonged to a guy named Wyatt Fuller. The aircraft used to belong to my old company Flight Systems and I actually worked on it when it carried the tail number N86FS, here's a few photos...

n86fs.jpg

Mojo
img_007.jpg

Aeropix

I think Wyatt was on his way to the Oshkosh Air Show. My god, they're dropping out og the skies!!!!:cry:

Well, imagine how many hours they put into this plane maitnence wise, the older they get the more they have to do, the same thing with the Snowbirds here in canada, theyre using old trainers as demonstrators, and atleast one pilot a year dies from system failure in the plane,

is the sabre pilot ok, did he bail out, FBJ?

That aircraft was the "personnel" aircraft of Bob Laidlaw, he started Flight Systems in Mojave 30 years ago. The aircraft was used for target towing and then experimental flight testing. before I left Flight Systems, I was involved in getting ready for sale. Wyatt Fuller bought it and restored it.

It was one of the better maintained Sabers in private hands....

One could speculate but early jets don't like to fly in hot humid environments, especially if they're heavy (filled full with fuel).

I witnessed an F-86 breakdown on the Runway at the Eglin Air Force Montgomery Airshow. The F-86 pictured above looked just like it. It had Rainbow colors on it and looked amazing.

P38 Pilot said:
I witnessed an F-86 breakdown on the Runway at the Eglin Air Force Montgomery Airshow. The F-86 pictured above looked just like it. It had Rainbow colors on it and looked amazing.
It probably was the same aircraft.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back