My knid of WOMAN (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Congrats See! Don't worry about the time. When the baby wakes you up at 2 in the morning itll be 8 or 3 in the afternoon for some of us. Escape to the forum!

Hey Njaco,

my wife is smart and wanted to have my PC in the bedroom as she just wanted to avoid me sitting at the PC all night long every night. So I have to switch that damn thing every night at 10 PM off...
So when the baby wakes me up I have to walk and walk and walk with crying baby around my switched off PC:cry:

I'm really in South Jersey, below Philly, in Glassboro, home of Rowan College. And all my favorite sports teams begin with Philadelphia. :lol:

Do you know whats funny though? That is not an AC-130. That is an Airforce Blackhawk she is sitting in. You know how I know? I used to sit in the same damn seat she is sitting in. That is the Crew Chiefs seat on a Blackhawk or a Pavehawk as the Airforce calls them.

I was wondering about that . . . it appears to be a 7.62mm minigun on a flexible mount and, as far as I know, there are no 7.62mm miniguns on flexible mounts in an AC-130; they're on a rigid computer-controlled mount (i.e.: no hand-holds). Plus, there are two (2) 7.62's on earlier AC-130's (but only one on the "U"-boat).

I tried to find another picture of the gunner Vanessa Dobos but couldn't find one. Just that one picture a hundred times on a hundred different websites. :)

Couldn't find one... strange! Did find an interview of her though: A new breed of gunner
She's from Ohio.
As a member of the 66th Rescue Squadron at Nellis Air Force Base, Nev., Dobos "mans" a .50-caliber machine gun aboard an HH-60 Pave Hawk. Her main role is caring for the guns and other defensive systems. However, she's also responsible for briefing passengers and helping other crewmembers with the weapons, defensive systems, hoist and other equipment.

It's the job her predecessors from World Wars I and II performed as they flew in their bombers through the flak-filled skies swarming with enemy fighters. It's the job she's prepared to perform in her helicopter during combat rescue missions while receiving enemy ground fire and dodging rocket-propelled grenades. But that's not a reasonable comparison, according to Dobos.

" I really love my job," she said. "I enjoy learning about the history of my career field, but I don't compare myself to gunners from [World Wars I and II]. Those men deserve a lot more credit than I do."

Kris

Thanks Roman, some pretty interesting photos and artifacts. I especially like the letter you wrote to Janos. Great background info. now some more questions.....who maintains the museum and mass grave site?

Thanks Roman, some pretty interesting photos and artifacts. I especially like the letter you wrote to Janos. Great background info. now some more questions.....who maintains the museum and mass grave site?

Dougrd,

museum in Sanov is maintained by a friend of mine and museum in Slavicin and mass grave by the town of Slavicin...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back