My life as a grad student

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Vassili Zaitzev

Master Sergeant
Nov 25, 2005
Connecticut, United States
Hello everyone,

I'm posting this late, as I have been a month in already, but I have started going back to school as a graduate student. The previous year, I applied for a number of jobs, from state to museum work, only to fall short. Turns out, I need a Masters to be work for the majority of jobs in the museum field. Had a discussion with my parents, and I have started taking graduate level courses this fall at Central Connecticut State University. I'm currently non-matriculated, but I have submitted my paperwork to be enrolled for the spring semester.

I'm taking two courses now. One is dealing on how to become a Professional Historian(utilizing primary and secondary sources) and the other is a discussion-oriented class on WWII. I am hoping, and aspiring, to become a museum educator(preferably military history, though maritime and aviation work too). I'll admit, the amount of reading, researching, and writing seems a bit overwhelming at times now. I do enjoy the classes, however, and I believe I'll do just fine. Just thought I'd share this.

Good luck!

My wife has been having the same problem in her field of Biology, and she has a Masters. They all seem to want a 22 year old with a Doctorate and 22 years of experience.

She just started her first job in her career field this week, but she is currently going back to school as well on the side working on Post Graduate work.

Hey guys,

I have not been following the forum in awhile, but I hope you are all doing well.

So yesterday, I walked for my graduation commencement. I have to wait until grades come and my degree mailed, but for all intents and purposes I have a MA in Public History. It was a long two years, but I think it was worth it!

For my final project, I helped design an exhibit that will be on display for Connecticut's 50th Commemoration of Vietnam in July. I'm going to post a link to the event. I worked for the Veterans History Project for my last school year; they are an archival partner with the Library of Congress. It was a blast, and I learned about about archiving and Vietnam. One hell of a experience.

Vietnam
http://web.ccsu.edu/vethistoryproject/newsandevents/files/CT%20Vietnam%2050th.pdf

Users who are viewing this thread

Back